2002 Aztec Red collector's edition Eldorado - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 2002 Aztec Red collector's edition Eldorado in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; According to the site rules I need a few more posts before I can post pictures....
    fadingrockstar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Aztec Red Collector Edition Eldorado

Re: 2002 Aztec Red collector's edition Eldorado

According to the site rules I need a few more posts before I can post pictures.

Tankboy40 and Tankboy40 like this.

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL CAR, is the kind of thing I am looking for.

jrwoods is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SEVILLE

Quote Originally Posted by ThumperPup View Post
    i wouldnt even pay 16k for the last eldorado ever built wich i think is for sale or one of them is LOL
    its like 70k they where asking or something lol
    Now the guy is down to $33k or best offer and its the second to last built. LOL
    He has it on ebay.

Click here to see it and the other 2002 eldos on ebay:

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/Cars-Tru...c0.m282&_rdc=1

P.S. Do these cars have magnaride?/

P.S.S. Thats a sweet ride rockstar. IMHO only thing that could make it sweeter is a spoiler.

johnny kannapo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado

As much appeal as it has, 33k opens the door to many more desirable transportation options.

Do these cars have magnaride?
    Eldorado had very very little changes since '96 so practically is the same car as '96-'97 Cadillac Seville
    Among the updates since '96:
    '97-Add yaw rate sensor (enhancement of the stability system) and ICCS DQ line (i.e. add road sensitive suspension) - same updates as the last Sevilles in that body style
    '98-Add In-Dash CD and RDS radio for the BOSE cars, theftlock to all cars, new rear view mirror available, add Mirror to curb option for the cars with MMM, Horn beep option @ door lock, the trim piece above the HU (with the INFO button) gets a second set of letters (yellow): YES, NO, RESET
    '99-No change except the catalytic converter although identical with '96-'98 now has a new P#
    '00-The LAST big change, the engine is updated to the '00 design (coils on spark, new engine cover, slightly different heads, ads AIR system, switch to regular gas) ads OnStar (antenna on the rear glass, GPS antenna and VIM added to the rear shelf along with the new OnStar rear view mirror). Woodgrain steering wheel becomes available.
    '01-There is a option to add a (UGLY) trunk mounted spoiler
    '02 -No changes, last few regular Eldorado are made. The last run of '02 Eldorado collector's edition are made, identical in EVERY way with the regular eldorado ETC except for:
    - Wood trim is now walnut for the Arctic White cars and Carbon Fiber for the red cars
    - The seats stripe (existing since '96) is red (for the red cars w/black interior) and white for the white cars (w/shale interior). This accent is also on the top side of the door pocket. The front seats also have a embroidered Cadillac logo on the back rest (bellow the headrest).
    - Woodgrain or (carbon fiber) steering wheel is not available.
    - Rims are special.
    - Exhaust system is special (different sound) ZERO extra HP unlike what some people claims, from underneath looks identical with the regular system.
    - There is a plate on the passenger side of the dash with the production number.
    - Only 2 colors were available, Arctic white and Aztec red.
    That is the FULL story of Eldorado, anything else are just claims to get a better price on the car. What you should get from this is practically a '02 Eldorado is 98% identical with the '96 Eldorado/Seville.

YET I still want a '02 Eldorado ETC in Pearl White or Crimson Red (the 3 stage paints) "Z" rated with the 7 spokes chrome rims, the ones available also on the '96-'97 Seville (a TRUE '02 not a '01 made as '02) or a Collectors Eddition (preferably white) regardless of the speed rating (most are H anyway) UNDER 30K (from AZ, NV, TX or CA ONLY) and I am willing to go up to $12K.
    MoistCabbage and MoistCabbage like this.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

I absolutely love that Aztek Red on that very beautiful ETC CS pictured above, but I like the Arctic White ETC CS more overall, because of the tan/white interior with the wood grain trim, as opposed to the red/black interior with the carbon fiber trim. It's just a matter of opinion so don't be offended, but I find the white/tan/wood trim to be more fitting for an Eldorado.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

btw, that carbon fiber trim is discontinued and going to be impossible to source
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    I absolutely love that Aztek Red on that very beautiful ETC CS pictured above, but I like the Arctic White ETC CS more overall, because of the tan/white interior with the wood grain trim, as opposed to the red/black interior with the carbon fiber trim. It's just a matter of opinion so don't be offended, but I find the white/tan/wood trim to be more fitting for an Eldorado.
    That's the great thing about choice, and the reason why I went with the Aztec Red IS the interior! I would guess though that more people would perfer the Artic White and that's why Cadillac made twice as many.

Chris, it makes no difference collector's edition or regular cars when it comes to wood trim, seat covers (leather), door panels, all these parts were discontinued.
    You would think for regular cars you have better luck finding used as were so many produced. Well I am looking (hard) for years to find the items I mentioned above with NO luck. If I do find something is crap, way worst that the ones I want to replace. I guess nobody in the right mind is parting out a mint car.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

well some parts are still available through GM and some are through VPI while a great majority are discontinued

for instance the zebrano wood trim panel (same as the carbon fiber panel above, but without the special edition plate) is available at VPI (they've got over 50 pieces left, and even some dealers still have this in stock too)

i bet there's still a bunch of these aztech red collector's edition cars with super low mileage in some collector garages...

the thing is those guys aren't looking to sell
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

STS_Seville_Hunter is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 91 ETC, 91 STS, 98 Eldo Convertable, '93 Seville

Locally there is a Aztec Red coachbuilders convertable, absolutly gorgous cars.
    I saw one at pick a part with a extreamly hard front end collsion completly buckled the roof I did snag most of the dash piece, had to break it off but it still has the sequence number on it and looks cool hanging in my room.

JimD is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '98 STS (RIP @ 206,xxx miles)

Quote Originally Posted by STS_Seville_Hunter View Post
    ....I did snag most of the dash piece, had to break it off but it still has the sequence number on it and looks cool hanging in my room.
    Good grief.

00 Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 Deville / 04 Deville

Quote Originally Posted by STS_Seville_Hunter View Post
    I did snag most of the dash piece, had to break it off but it still has the sequence number on it and looks cool hanging in my room.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimD View Post
    Good grief.
    Another trophy kill for the STS_Seville_Hunter to hang above his fireplace.

skexius is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Seville STS and a 2003 Oldsmobile Aurora Final 500

{QUOTE}YET I still want a '02 Eldorado ETC in Pearl White or Crimson Red (the 3 stage paints) "Z" rated with the 7 spokes chrome rims, the ones available also on the '96-'97 Seville (a TRUE '02 not a '01 made as '02) or a Collectors Eddition (preferably white) regardless of the speed rating (most are H anyway) UNDER 30K (from AZ, NV, TX or CA ONLY) and I am willing to go up to $12K.[/QUOTE]

N*Caddy,

I tried to PM you this message, but your PM box is full and cannot receive any more PMs. I was looking at some of the main used car websites on the internet and look what I found that you might be VERY interested in. Meets all your criteria except one, but I don't think that it should be a problem. Take a look and you will understand what I mean:

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national

Let me know what your thoughts are about this one.

Also, just to let you know, the real wood trim used on the Alpine White Eldorado ECS is Pommele Sapele wood. It is the same wood that was used on the 2008-2011 STS (except the Platinum Edition) and CTS, and the 2007-Current SRX. To my knowledge, the 2002 Alpine White Eldorado ECS was the first Cadillac to ever have it.

skexius

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.