2002 Aztec Red collector's edition Eldorado - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 2002 Aztec Red collector's edition Eldorado in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; If there's a mock top on the car, there ARE holes in the roof N*. Just so you know in ...
    Necrosan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe

Re: 2002 Aztec Red collector's edition Eldorado

If there's a mock top on the car, there ARE holes in the roof N*.
    Just so you know in the future.

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Jake, I will call you soon and don't worry the STS NEVER goes, the Eldorado Collector's edition is just for summer weekends and conversation subject.
    Too bad hearing about the black ETC (it is only because of the struts?)

Necrosan and everybody, man you made it clear enough, stay away from cars with fake convertible top (why drilling holes? )

So in the end I was not what would you call a "low baler", I actually offered a fare and square price.

mtflight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 White Diamond ETC

You did well. The guy was probably offended because by telling him the facts about the HP and chip etc, you unveiled him as a liar or an idiot (his choice, or both lol). He will probably regret not taking your offer, but you don't want a car with those holes on the roof.

The scratches on the finish are probably surface scratches which can be removed with scratch remover (Scratch-Off in the yellow bottle is good) or polishing compound. I still have my cracked Eldo trim piece (naturally cracked possibly from the factory or Texas heat). The crack was in the clear coat stuff, which is pretty thick and easily polishable of surface scratches (not the cracks).

I too tried the SEM with the directions posted on the tech tips and those were missing the point regarding using a scuff pad and their plastic/leather prep spray (dissolves grease). So it bubbled at the cracks. I redid it and have had better luck--still need to touch-up some areas.

Quote Originally Posted by mtflight View Post
    You did well. The guy was probably offended because by telling him the facts about the HP and chip etc, you unveiled him as a liar or an idiot (his choice, or both lol). He will probably regret not taking your offer, but you don't want a car with those holes on the roof.

The scratches on the finish are probably surface scratches which can be removed with scratch remover (Scratch-Off in the yellow bottle is good) or polishing compound. I still have my cracked Eldo trim piece (naturally cracked possibly from the factory or Texas heat). The crack was in the clear coat stuff, which is pretty thick and easily polishable of surface scratches (not the cracks).

I too tried the SEM with the directions posted on the tech tips and those were missing the point regarding using a scuff pad and their plastic/leather prep spray (dissolves grease). So it bubbled at the cracks. I redid it and have had better luck--still need to touch-up some areas.

I have a crack on the same dash trim in my '97 but is much, much smaller and in a corner not central. Funny how I always taught is the cold Canadian climate cracking the trim . Even so I spent few months until I found a brand new piece on e-bay for something like $25 or so. I still haven't got the time to swap it (is here in some box). But I do know exactly what's going on, as you described the clear coat cracks all the way down to the wood (in this Eldorado's case carbon fiber). Probably you can sand it down and apply a new clot of clear but I am not sure where to find that clear (I am sure us not the same as on the car body). It will never come back as clear as factory (probably will be little milkier). The runs are no problem you can always buff it but what about the badge, how you take it off without damaging it, also the vent plastic frames? Once fixed you can tell something was done there.
    That one off piece over there is a $800+ repair!

hueterm is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): See my sig...

Run away...that stereo is mega fail w/its back of the trailer park drunk ass tool install -- your electronics would be all screwed up. And sorry, but that convertible top looks pretty ghetto...and totally ruins that collector's edition.

Find a decent pre 2000 stock one that has a blown HG, send it to 97 ELDO and have him fix it and the rear main seal, and you're all set...
    NOW
    '04 Escalade EXT (8/07-?)
    '70 Grand Prix Model J (4/09-?)
    '95 Roadmaster Estate (4/10-?)
    '94 Roadmaster Estate (5/10-?)
    '08 DTS Platinum (2/11-?)
    '97 Riviera S/C ('06-08 and 8/11-?)
    '85 Toronado Caliente (4/14-?)

PAST
    '92 Toronado ('95-99)
    '99 Grand Prix GTP ('99-02)
    '02 Avalanche North Face ('02-04)
    '93 Roadmaster ('04-07)
    '04 Avalanche Z71 ('04-07)
    '00 Eldorado ETC ('08-11)
    '95 Deville Concours ('07-11)

NEXT
    '71-72 Riviera
    '86-91 M-B 560SEC

Is just the human nature hueterm, I always wanted to have BOSE into my car so I been to all this effort just to do the conversion. The same with the Eldorado Collector’s edition, I am well aware is just a fixation I have for that small plate on the dashboard. No electrical challenge is scarring me, the stereo was not a big issue as long as he did not butchered panels drilling holes, cutting ports, gluing stuff, electrics are easy fix for me. I have to admit I like more the zebrano wood than the wood used in the white cars and the carbon fiber trim…I am not even going there. Also the red inserts in the black seats are, let me be kind and say rare. Obviously not a fan of the special rims either, I truly like the 7 spoke chrome rims in the ‘96-’97 STS (and their variation with the Cadillac crest for the ‘96-’02 regular ETC), that trunk spoiler think doesn’t give me much thrills either but is that damn plate again!
    I would really like a Collector’s edition as a second car, the ‘97 STS stays for ever, I also want a ’66 dark blue, V8, black pony interior, manual transmission coop Mustang but that’s more distant in time.

fadingrockstar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Aztec Red Collector Edition Eldorado

I know this is an old thread but just a little FYI I just bought my '02 Aztec Red, 35,500 miles, absolutely flawless, all paperwork service records, etc. Paid $11,500. It took three years but I couldn't be happier

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)

Pics?

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

wow how did i miss this thread lol
    8k tops for that car

ponyboyt is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 97, 97, RIP 98, 99 STS with Jakes studs

uh taht car is for sale again, I was just looking at it lol.... same exact pictures....

eldorado_97 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS, W/Nav

Quote Originally Posted by ThumperPup View Post
    wow how did i miss this thread lol
    8k tops for that car
    I was just thinking the same thing!

Bucketokarma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Seville Touring Sedan

Quote Originally Posted by fadingrockstar View Post
    I know this is an old thread but just a little FYI I just bought my '02 Aztec Red, 35,500 miles, absolutely flawless, all paperwork service records, etc. Paid $11,500. It took three years but I couldn't be happier
    X2 on the pics...

azamali01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 cadillac seville sts

dude seriously 16k and this amount of work needed! no no no... as others said that there are plenty of more eldorados u can look rather than this. i should say its not a good deal and believe me u can get a good eldorado in under 10k. don't waste your money just coz of collector's edition. i mean there are really good etc's in U.S. if u still want it i should say 5k is maximum for this car.

ThumperPup is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): not anymore 2007 Lexus ES350

i wouldnt even pay 16k for the last eldorado ever built wich i think is for sale or one of them is LOL
    its like 70k they where asking or something lol

johnny kannapo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado

It doesn't matter what the car cost.

If it was worth it to the buyer is all that matters.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.