Navigation Upgrade (2003 Seville STS w/ BOSE)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Navigation Upgrade (2003 Seville STS w/ BOSE) in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi Everyone, I have been searching the forums but can't seem to find the answers I am looking for regarding ...
    atb
    atb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Seville STS

Navigation Upgrade (2003 Seville STS w/ BOSE)

Hi Everyone,

I have been searching the forums but can't seem to find the answers I am looking for regarding an upgrade to factory Navigation for my 2003 Cadillac Seville STS. I currently have the regular Bose system and want to upgrade to factory Navigation and not loose my steering wheel controls for volume and seek etc.. Anyhow, from my understanding it isn't that difficult for my model year as I have onstar and the GPS integrates into the new factory radio. Now here are my questions...

1: Where can I buy the factory Navigation System for a reasonable price?
    2: What modifications must be completed in order to properly install it?
    3: Does the unit hold the navigation cd unlike the older versions of this car or must I install a separate system in order to handle the navigation cd?

Any and all info you guys (and girls) can help me with is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thank you! -atb

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Navigation Upgrade (2003 Seville STS w/ BOSE)

For a simpler, more accurate, more user-friendly, less expensive navigation system look at www.thegpsstore.com and buy a Garmin.

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

1) You have to find one on your local scrap yard (good luck), on e-bay or dealer (they are listed based on price from lower to higher).
    2) In order to replace the BOSE HU with the Denso Nav unit you need some minor harness changes. This can be done either by making an adapter harness or by swapping the wires into the harness. I would go with the first solution, you don’t have to touch the car harness this way. First of all you need to disconnect the wires from F5 and E5 (the interior light wires) as the NAV unit gets this information from the data line and F5 and E5 on the NAV unit are GND. Then if you don’t have a GN wire with a WH stripe on F4 then you need to add one from your IPC (this is the VSS signal). Then you need to jump pins E1 with E6 or F6 (on the car harness side). To add AUX input click on my name and follow the visitor messages (all the way to the visitor’s page). The NAV unit unless new will have the VIN of the donor vehicle. In order to clear this VIN (otherwise will not work in your car) you need to either go to a dealer to clear it with a TECHII tool (you may be charged up to $70) or open the unit and remove the backup battery (for 4 sec) to clear the firmware. Then load the firmware again using a CD (the firmware is available for download on the Audio/Video section of the forum).
    3)The unit needs the navigation DVD (not CD like the older unit) and yes you have keep it in the unit to use the navigation feature.

Note your 6 CD Disk changer is NOT compatible anymore with the NAV unit. You will need to replace it with the one compatible with the NAV unit.

mikekilpatrick is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 Cadillac Seville STS

I have the factory Nav CD changer out of a 2002 sts and I have a custom wiring harness that will allow you to have both a MP3 direct 3.5mm input jack to the stereo as well as a direct input for xm radio.

dwight.j.carter is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Seville STS

I'm looking to upgrade my 03 STS with factory bose to the density unit, I thought its plug and play on 02-04 sevilles.

basscatt is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 89 Coupe DeVille, 95 Sedan DeVille, 03 SLS, two 02 DHS's

Quote Originally Posted by dwight.j.carter View Post
    I'm looking to upgrade my 03 STS with factory bose to the density unit, I thought its plug and play on 02-04 sevilles.
    --------------------------
    I'm looking to upgrade my 03 STS with factory bose to the density unit,
    I assume you mean the DENSO unit -
    if this is so -
    keep in mind that the NEWEST map DVD is at least 5 years old - possibly 7 years old -
    and will NEVER be updated again -

with that in mind -
    I recommend getting a nice Garmin GPS unit -
    or - if you must have a built-in -
    look at an aftermarket HU -

dwight.j.carter is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 Seville STS

I'm putting it in for the movie factor more than the navigation factor.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

dwight, Your other thread relating to pirated software was removed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.