Aux Jack input - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Aux Jack input in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Pretty sure the shifter plate is just held in with clips and just pops straight up- to take the shift ...
    consigliori is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Triple Black Eldorado ETC, 98 ETC(HG), 91 Seville(gone)
    Pretty sure the shifter plate is just held in with clips and just pops straight up- to take the shift knob off there's a little u clip below the button that you need to pull out, then lift it up an off. Might take some force, don't punch yourself in the face, lol. The console insert just pops out too.

There's two screws below the shift plate on the bottom both sides + the one behind the ashtray for that part to come out. The only hole i cut is in the ashtray for the dock extender.

----------

Scratch that - I did cut a hole in the back of the ashtray assembly for the cord

jammgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS, 1998 Eldorado ETC Crimson Pearl, Bose System

Re: Aux Jack input

Quote Originally Posted by consigliori View Post
    Pretty sure the shifter plate is just held in with clips and just pops straight up- to take the shift knob off there's a little u clip below the button that you need to pull out, then lift it up an off. Might take some force, don't punch yourself in the face, lol. The console insert just pops out too.

There's two screws below the shift plate on the bottom both sides + the one behind the ashtray for that part to come out. The only hole i cut is in the ashtray for the dock extender.

----------

Scratch that - I did cut a hole in the back of the ashtray assembly for the cord
    Cool... Thanks again for the info.
    I'll send a note when I get it installed. It's shipping from CA so it may be awhile before I get it in.

C*,
    Just received the adapter with the cables and hooked it up.
    Sounds really nice and I like having controls from the radio or steering wheel.
    I figured out how to pop out the console, and just have to run the cable and do the modification on the ash tray.
    Would be nice to see the name of the song on the radio display but I supposed you cant have everything.

Thanks again for the tips!

Jim

consigliori is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Triple Black Eldorado ETC, 98 ETC(HG), 91 Seville(gone)

Quote Originally Posted by jammgm View Post
    C*,
    Just received the adapter with the cables and hooked it up.
    Sounds really nice and I like having controls from the radio or steering wheel.
    I figured out how to pop out the console, and just have to run the cable and do the modification on the ash tray.
    Would be nice to see the name of the song on the radio display but I supposed you cant have everything.

Thanks again for the tips!

Jim
    Right on, no problem : )
    Glad it 's working out for ya. The ability to use the steering wheel controls is what drove it home for me - I use them all the time, more than the radio ones.
    It's back two clicks to restart the song currently playing, and three back clicks to go to the song before it, just fyi -it took me a couple days to figure that out, lol.
    Yes, the song info displayed on the radio would be really great, but like you said- can't have it all

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

You actually CAN have the song title for the RDS cars as long as you use a FM modulator (smart enough to do RDS broadcasting), but you end up with radio quality audio and no controls from the HU (buttons or steering).
    You cannot have the song title using the E&D data line as there is no provision in the protocol.

Quote Originally Posted by consigliori View Post
    Right on, no problem : )
    Glad it 's working out for ya. The ability to use the steering wheel controls is what drove it home for me - I use them all the time, more than the radio ones.
    It's back two clicks to restart the song currently playing, and three back clicks to go to the song before it, just fyi -it took me a couple days to figure that out, lol.
    Yes, the song info displayed on the radio would be really great, but like you said- can't have it all
    Thanks for the tips on clicking the back button.
    I was wondering why it wouldnt go back with one click.. thought something was wrong with the steering wheel control.

----------

N*,

Thanks for the info..

Jim

C*,
    I finished installing everything and it sounds really nice. The hardest part was running the cable from the trunk to the ash tray. (What a PITA!)
    I had to take out the entire console using Lifer's great instructions from the "Eldorado Interior Panel" thread to run the cable. (Thanks Lifer!)
    I initially tried loosening the rear console bolts but my electricians snake got caught on the carpet underneath which I couldn't see so I had to take all the way out. It worked out either way because I had to repair the strap for the heater/ac hose and the rear cigarette lighter which fell out awhile back.
    For the adapter, I velcroed it to the back of the CD changer which keeps it nice and secure.

Thanks again for the info and tips.. It was a lot of work but worth it.. (The things we do for our music!

Jim

Otten33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Deville DTS

N*Caddy would you be willing to make me a harness for my 2004 Cadillac Deville with Bose and Navigation? I would really appreciate it if someone with your expertise took care of it for me. Then I could just plug it in and ground it.

Otten33, I tried to reply to your PM but your inbox was full.
    Basically I was telling you the CD changer has nothing to do with the AUX input, leave the CD changer alone (or better yet fix it/replace it if not working).
    The NAV units come equipped with provision for AUX input (both audio and video). All you need to do is follow these simple instructions:

All you need is a OEM pigtail connector from a HU ('96+ Cadillac and many other GM vehicles), you remove the wires you need from this connector solder to your AUX harness and connect to the existing HU harness (in the vacant spots mentioned above). Is really simple, takes about 2h.
    Try to keep the posts public because it will help other people in the future looking for the same information.
    Otten33 likes this.

Otten33 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Deville DTS

This may be a stupid question but what is a pigtail connector? Is that where I take the harness and wires from the back of the radio from another Cadillac? How much of the connector do I need? In your picture above it looks like you spliced in a RCA cable and grounded it to the radio bolt. Is this what I will be doing to the extra harness? What type of capabilities will i have with my IPOD touch with this method? Sorry for all the questions. This is the first time trying anything like this but I am a decent DIY person.

Yeah that is a pigtail harness with a connector attached. Cut a 5-10 inch long end of a connector from a donor car. You only need the few wires with the insert pins attached; you remove from the donor connector and insert into your own connector.
    Will work with ANY device equipped with audio output (one that you can plug headphones), from old fashion walkman to iPod, iPad or any kind laptop, cell phone, anything.
    If you know how to solder, you know what's a heat shrink tube, and you know how to remove pieces of trims without breaking anything you know how to do this project.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.