Aux Jack input - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Aux Jack input in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; GizmoQ, Yes.. I have the Bose factory system with the 12 disk changer in the trunk and one in the ...
    jammgm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS, 1998 Eldorado ETC Crimson Pearl, Bose System

Re: Aux Jack input

GizmoQ,
    Yes.. I have the Bose factory system with the 12 disk changer in the trunk and one in the dash.
    Will this work?

If so, how does it get installed and does it have the Aux jack from the other posts or the connector you install in the ashtray to seat the Ipod?
    Cant tell from the pic.

----------

PM sent

----------

Consigliori,

Is your setup with the IPod in the ashtray done from the posts from Ncaddy and the others. I cant tell how you connected it.
    Does your Eldo have the Bose system with the 12 cd changer like mine?

I like the setup you have.

Jim

consigliori is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Triple Black Eldorado ETC, 98 ETC(HG), 91 Seville(gone)

Quote Originally Posted by jammgm View Post
    Consigliori,

Is your setup with the IPod in the ashtray done from the posts from Ncaddy and the others. I cant tell how you connected it.
    Does your Eldo have the Bose system with the 12 cd changer like mine?

I like the setup you have.

Jim
    Sorry to confuse you- No, I did not wire in an aux jack. I was debating whether to do so or not, but in the end I just bought an adapter that plugs into where your cd changer is plugged into. A cord then plugs into the adapter and into the bottom of the iphone/ipod. I ran the cord up through the dash and into the back of the ashtray.
    It takes the place of the cd changer, so you go to cd changer source and it's now the iphone- you lose the cd changer this way though.
    With using N*Caddy's AUX in method, you do not lose the cd changer - but you also cant control the iPhone with the steering wheel controls, which is what I was after.

And yes, mine is Bose with 12 disc changer also

2008DTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS 2002 Deville

Hi, I have a base radio with the plug for the glove box cd (No changer in glove box). I'd like to use this plug to power my iPhone. Can you tell me where you got the connector plugs and parts to get it working. I think it would be great to be able to use the steering wheel controls.

atbishop@verizon.net
    Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by consigliori View Post
    Sorry to confuse you- No, I did not wire in an aux jack. I was debating whether to do so or not, but in the end I just bought an adapter that plugs into where your cd changer is plugged into. A cord then plugs into the adapter and into the bottom of the iphone/ipod. I ran the cord up through the dash and into the back of the ashtray.
    It takes the place of the cd changer, so you go to cd changer source and it's now the iphone- you lose the cd changer this way though.
    With using N*Caddy's AUX in method, you do not lose the cd changer - but you also cant control the iPhone with the steering wheel controls, which is what I was after.

That would work for me since I'd rather listen to the IPOD
    For the adapter that plugs into where the CD changer is plugged into, is that in the trunk near the changer or at the back of the head unit?
    Can you tell me where you bought the adapter and would it work for an older IPOD (5th Gen Video)?

Thanks, Jim

ofnaman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Deville

I have read, and re read this thread many times now. I'm gonna give it a shot. I have the base radio system, just like the one pictured on page 1. My only question is how does it work when everything is hooked up? Meaning, will I have to hit the source button to play the aux, or will it automatically just play the aux when it is plugged in? Thank you

----------

Just thought of another question.... I was thinking about cutting the cable off of my cassette adapter and using that, intead of using a female jack adapter like is pictured. Will that work, or do I need the ground?

For mine, I just used a PXDP ipod adapter (iPod2Car, iSimple, Peripheral, etc) with the vehicle specific cable mentioned in one of my eariler posts in this thread. It plugs into the spot where the cd changer is plugged into in the trunk. I got everything from eBay

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ofnaman View Post
    I have read, and re read this thread many times now. I'm gonna give it a shot. I have the base radio system, just like the one pictured on page 1. My only question is how does it work when everything is hooked up? Meaning, will I have to hit the source button to play the aux, or will it automatically just play the aux when it is plugged in? Thank you

----------

Just thought of another question.... I was thinking about cutting the cable off of my cassette adapter and using that, intead of using a female jack adapter like is pictured. Will that work, or do I need the ground?
    You do not have to hit the source button, it will automatically just play when plugged in.
    I don't know about the other question-

For mine, I just used a PXDP ipod adapter (iPod2Car, iSimple, Peripheral, etc) with the vehicle specific cable mentioned in one of my eariler posts in this thread. It plugs into the spot where the cd changer is plugged into in the trunk. I got everything from eBay

----------

You do not have to hit the source button, it will automatically just play when plugged in.
    I don't know about the other question-
    I found the pxdp adapter and pxhgm2 cable you mentioned and like the setup, especially having the phone or ipod plug into the ash tray.... Nice and clean!
    One question... On your post, #41, the 3rd picture down shows the cable connected to the base of the ash tray.
    What was the adapter that's mounted in the ash tray between where the cable plugs in and your iphone sits on?

Thanks, Jim

That would be this mammajamma here:

Dock extender - couple of bucks from eBay as well

That would be this mammajamma here:

Dock extender - couple of bucks from eBay as well
    Nice name... Thanks!

2008DTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS 2002 Deville

Hi,

Can you post the link to eBay where you found the plugs and wiring adapters. The only thing I saw available from Discount Car Stereo was the plug for about $11 bucks (which was ok) and the adapter was $80 bucks. That was steep. If I could find a suitable alternative on eBay that would be great. Maybe someone who can run the jumpers from the $11 plug to http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/...D013BB1DBD.jpg the adapter to the Ipod.

Yeah, you can buy everything at once - adapter, cord and wire harness for around $80 bucks on an eBay "Buy It Now" anytime.

I got them all separately (also on eBay) and spent less than half that, easily.
    The adapter is the most expensive part. Ya just gotta search, be patient and watch auctions...

I just ordered the kit (PXDP/w IPOD cable) ~$65 and the cable for my Eldo (PHHGM2) ~$10 from Sonic Electronix and free shipping and 1 year warranty. Couldnt find this cheaper on ebay.
    Bought the dock extender on ebay for about $3-4.
    Consigliori, any tips on mounting the dock extender to the ash tray? Did you have to take the console out of the car?

Thank you,

Jim

Right on, that's awesome ::

Yeah, I think I did take the whole ashtray/door/lighter assembly out. The shift plate cover piece and the insert for the center console too. Running that cable up to the front was a little tricky I remember. I don't know what length you got or remember what length I had but I didn't have much to spare. Went from the trunk through the bottom under the rear seats, then used a straightened out coat hanger with the cord taped to it to fish it under the carpet, thru / under the center console (that was the tricky part) then straight up beside the shifter and into the back of the ashtray.

I dremel'd/ filed a hole in the bottom of the ashtray just big enough for that first ledge of the adapter to squeeze thru, and hot glued around the adapter on the outside hole edge. Which probably was unnecessary - just make the hole barely as big as it needs to be so the adapter fits in there tight

Good luck man!
    It's so worth it, you'll love it

gway11 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 esc
    Hello I have a 2000 eldorado with bose. Is this adapter still for sale?

Right on, that's awesome ::

Yeah, I think I did take the whole ashtray/door/lighter assembly out. The shift plate cover piece and the insert for the center console too. Running that cable up to the front was a little tricky I remember. I don't know what length you got or remember what length I had but I didn't have much to spare. Went from the trunk through the bottom under the rear seats, then used a straightened out coat hanger with the cord taped to it to fish it under the carpet, thru / under the center console (that was the tricky part) then straight up beside the shifter and into the back of the ashtray.

I dremel'd/ filed a hole in the bottom of the ashtray just big enough for that first ledge of the adapter to squeeze thru, and hot glued around the adapter on the outside hole edge. Which probably was unnecessary - just make the hole barely as big as it needs to be so the adapter fits in there tight

Good luck man!
    It's so worth it, you'll love it
    C*,

Thanks for the info. I think the cable that comes with the kit is 20ft so you can run it into the car since everything connects near the CD changer in the trunk. Do you remember how you removed the shift plate cover and center console insert? I assume they're held in place with clips.
    I'm always hesitant on prying up anything unless I know how it comes out. As for the ash tray, I noticed a screw in the ash tray assembly right behind the ash tray itself. Did you have a cut a hole for the cable to connect to the dock extender?

Thanks,

Jim

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.