Aux Jack input - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Aux Jack input in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I briefly read over this thread as I just began doing research to install an aux jack. I have a ...
    lt1yj is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Eldorado ETC

Re: Aux Jack input

I briefly read over this thread as I just began doing research to install an aux jack. I have a completely stock 2000 Eldorado ETC with the Bose system. No changer, but a single cd player (and cassette) in the dash. Only 18,000 miles too.....so I'm wanting to be very clean in any changes I make to the vehicle.

My question is....is all the information I need for a Bose system displayed above as well? I skimmed over it and saw non-bose, and did not see the exact control panel as I have installed. So basic question without reading over all the details, sorry.

Also, I see a lot of different/similar models together. Which model is most like a 2000 Eldorado ETC for reference purposes?

Thanks for any help!!

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Read the part where it says: "IF you have BOSE non NAV then here:"

Anthon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Catera

I have a Bose no NAV but what wires do i connect the harness adapter to and I cant find the micro relays you have and what exzactly is a pcb?
    My email is Anthonyshrouder@gmail.com I really want to do this.

dtaylor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 cadillac seville sts
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthon
    I have a Bose no NAV but what wires do i connect the harness adapter to and I cant find the micro relays you have and what exzactly is a pcb?
    My email is Anthonyshrouder@gmail.com I really want to do this.
    "PCB" Printed circuit board

jounier11 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None for now ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Kick94sts View Post

Walmart, $10. Works great for me!!
    Had one of these it broke :\ then my friend recommended a monster one off e bay 7$ what i noticed it sounded much better because it has gold platting on the jack: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Monster-iCar...item19d5151242 BTW: Monster is the maker of BEATS AUDIO By Dr. Dre

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    I have a $15 Phillips cassette adapter that makes the $25 Monster sound like mud.

The gold plating does essentially nothing for sound quality, and don't get me started on Beats.
    gprestonmoto and gprestonmoto like this.

I actually paid 5$ for a brand new monster in my opinion sounds a little cleaner than the philips one atleast on bass that is since i hear a lot of hip-hop :\

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Hmm, odd. I actually returned, and got a second monster, thinking I got a bad one. Same thing. What are you using as a player?

HTC Evo 4G (Wimax) not LTE android phone

consigliori is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Triple Black Eldorado ETC, 98 ETC(HG), 91 Seville(gone)
    Quote Originally Posted by N*Caddy View Post
    No need to press any button, the female jack connector I use has an integrated switch, you plug the male AUX jack in and the radio mutes and switches to AUX input signal.
    I'd like to finally do this and add an AUX in to my car (BOSE) -

But I'd like to use this cable, so the male end is always going to be plugged into the jack
    87002849-1-1.jpg

The plan being to have everything tucked away except the end that plugs into the bottom of the phone.
    That way I can charge it and get audio out through the one connection. Mounted in the bottom of the ashtray so I can just slide my phone in there and be good.

So I want and need a button or something that I can manually switch the input signal on and off, not the intergrated switch in the jack connector.
    I can't seem to find the info needed for this in N*Caddy's several threads about all this...

Seamaster_007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS

I think I've already done what you're looking to do, modded the ash tray so my iPod fits perfect Soon to be replaced with the circuit N* has designed though, get just a tiny tiny amount of interference with this method.

Quote Originally Posted by consigliori View Post

But I'd like to use this cable, so the male end is always going to be plugged into the jack
    Attachment 105197

The plan being to have everything tucked away except the end that plugs into the bottom of the phone.
    That way I can charge it and get audio out through the one connection. Mounted in the bottom of the ashtray so I can just slide my phone in there and be good.

So I want and need a button or something that I can manually switch the input signal on and off, not the intergrated switch in the jack connector.
    I can't seem to find the info needed for this in N*Caddy's several threads about all this...

GizmoQ is offline The Last Good Gremlin
    Automobile(s): 06 XLR-V and 96 Eldorado ESC-V -- One day ;)

Quote Originally Posted by consigliori View Post

Attachment 105197

O.K., I mentioned that I did this in post #15:
    Quote Originally Posted by GizmoQ View Post
    I did mine so I could have my CarPC plugged in all the time. Whenever my CarPC send audio out, a sensor on one of the audio lines does the switching. No sound for 15 seconds and it switches back.
    You still need to do the N*Caddy mod to your headunit to get the wires for my system. I am no N*Caddy, so I don't have diagrams. But, here are the details. For my system to work you need a 4PDT relay (to replace the two micro relays) and a DavidNavone.com Speaker Sensing Auto Switching Circuit part#N-902. I use the N-902 to sense an input from my CarPC (in your case the iPod), i.e., whenever its on and playing it sends a signal to the relay which switches the input from the OEM source to my Aux source.

N-902 Description: "This new device was designed to supply +12 volts to activate aftermarket
    components with OEM decks that do not have electric antenna control leads. The N-902
    works by sensing speaker voltage from terminals of a readily available speaker. When the
    speaker voltage is present, the circuitry activates and +12 volts DC IS produced on the
    green wire."
    Attach the wires from the head unit and iPod to the relay. Use the green wire from the N-902 to trigger the relay to activate the switch to the Aux-In.

I was initially concerned if this would work with the weak headphone signal of the CarPC, but it works like a charm. Activation is almost instantaneous and deactivation is on a 10-15 second timer. So my system has the added benefit of allowing the CarPC to "say" turn by turn directions over the OEM source and then go away till the next directions are spoken. I also wanted to maintain as much of my stereo separation as possible so the N-902 is only connected to one channel and all channels have separate signal and common. (N*Caddy ties his commons together, I don't)

The downside is I have to have 12V to the relay and the N-902, but in your case you need power so you can add a powered USB Hub and also power your iPod. (Be careful which iPod adapter you choose - some don't charge while in use.)

Hope that makes sense.
    Snake Bit Super Chilled Black Raven 2006 Cadillac XLR-V aka Elwood (Jake's brother)
    Verified 501rwhp and 486TQ at 6000RPM so far...final goal 575/550

ELWOOD - "Corvette in a Tuxedo ... with a Jet Pack"

2013 St Louis Region SCCA Solo SSM Class Champion
    Texas Mile Record Holder: Street Legal XLR @ 159.5MPH
    ECTA LSR Record Holder: 4.2-5.0L Blown Gas Modified Sports Car

Yup, iPhone 4 fits perfectly in the ashtray once the metal cigarette holder thing is removed.
    Only with my plan there won't even be a cord sticking out at all that you have to plug in anywhere.

I think I understand most of the above, but I don't think that will work for my situation. I still need an actual switch to flip to activate the input signal. I want to mount the connector for the bottom of the phone at the rear of the ashtray so I can slide the phone in and it connects and charges. And if I want to, I can flip the switch and listen to it too.

But I want to be able to plug it in and listen to the radio or cd or changer still also, and still have the phone charging. I hope that makes sense.

I'm not sure if a manual switch replaces the relays, or if it replaces the additional pins on the 3.5mm jack, or something else...

Sux that a lot of N*Caddy's diagrams don't load in some of the threads

My plan makes it kinda a pain to skip tracks and such...
    With iPhone plugged into the bottom of the ashtray like that

The more I think about it, the idea of controlling it with the steering wheel sounds better and better
    I don't really want to sacrifice the cd changer, but I just might have to

Man, I'm really unsure about all of it now

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.