Replacing a side mirror on a 99 Seville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Replacing a side mirror on a 99 Seville in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Does anyone know if I need to remove the entire door panel to replace the side mirror on a 99 ...
    cjsuds is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Seville

Replacing a side mirror on a 99 Seville

Does anyone know if I need to remove the entire door panel to replace the side mirror on a 99 Seville or if I can just pull off the plastic piece that covers the three bolts that holds it on?

Thanks,
    -CJ

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Replacing a side mirror on a 99 Seville

I think that plastic piece is part of the door panel, which would have to come off. Making that piece removable would have made the job too easy.

cadi509 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V Tango int

The door panel is very very easy to remove there's 4 screws and the rest is clips, one is behind the door handle that plastice piece behind it comes out, then there's 2 behind the armrest door handle (the one you use to pull the door shut) the piece of leather right behind it is velcroed to the panel and the last screw is at the bottom of the panel exposed,the just pull around the edges and it pops right off, just make sure the window is down when you remove the panel

cjsuds is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Seville

Haha yeah I guess that would make it too easy. Thanks for the help.
    -CJ

Discobee is offline Cadillac Owners Member

This thread is old but I just wanted to say thank you for the easy to follow instructions. I replaced a passenger mirror just now and it took only less than 30 minutes to remove the door panel, remove the old mirror, put on the newer mirror, and put back the door panel. Which is pretty quick for a "broke-chanic" such as myself. I would've never figured out the velcro flip up panel by the door pull.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.