head gasket replacment
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, head gasket replacment in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; time for me replace my head gaskets,(134,108ml) iv been seeing the head gasket failure in 96 to 99 sevilles is ...
    seville99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 seville sts

head gasket replacment

time for me replace my head gaskets,(134,108ml) iv been seeing the head gasket failure in 96 to 99 sevilles is a big issue, i was wondering if after i replace them, will i still have to worry about them failing again , or is it a one time thing?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

STSS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '03 STS 122K, '01 STS 161K - 3/3/11

Re: head gasket replacment

Do some searching.... every aspect of headgasket failure and repair has been cover MANY, MANY, MANY times.

Install Jakes studs and you wont have to worry about the HGs again. http://www.northstarperformance.com

tateos is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 ETC (GAVE TO STEPSON 2011), 2000 DTS (RIP)

I think the only cases of failure after repair has been with people that used timeserts. I think both Norm's (OK) and Jake's studs (better) have a pretty good track record.

chubbyranger is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55

I thought the only failures after repair were when no 'serts were used. Can't recall anyone here that's even had Timeserts let go. Read this entire thread including the subthreads:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...eadgasket.html

seville99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 seville sts

thank yaw now i no im not gonna have to drop my engine ever 50,000 miles , hope everything goes good,

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.