door problems
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, door problems in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; hello, I am new here and have lots to ask, my first problem is that my pass door hits a ...
    barrymarovitz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 eldorado etc, N*,4.6L,300hp@6000rpm,50,000miles

door problems

hello,

I am new here and have lots to ask, my first problem is that my pass door hits a little black nub that is attached to the door frame. now i assume that my door is out of wack but I dont know how to fix plz help.

'95 eldo etc

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

Re: door problems

Can you post a picture?

i will post the pic as soon as i can having problems with that to.

I have a problem I'm trying to post pics but i get a message that i cant access it. I'm trying to attach pics to my reply, by clicking the manage attachments tab but i get that message:

$bbuserinfo[username], you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

OTTO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS

My '95 Eldorado driver's side door doesn't close quite all the way. I only drive it on weekends and right now it's too cold out to mess with it.
    When I ever do get around to it, is there an easy adjustment? It fails to close about the very last 1/4 inch. Makes the window whistle when the fan is on high.

This is my first Cadillac, I upgraded from J body cars. The only thing I don't like about it is that I didn't buy one sooner!

Barry, I see you posted the picture problem on the site problem forum. If you don't get an answer there I posted it on the mod & admin page and asked someone to post a reply here. You may not have enough posts to attach a pic, but I'm not sure.

Otto, loosen the striker on the door jamb and move it inboard just a tad. That should tighten up the door.

Thanks, Ranger. I was looking at that earlier but, didn't want to try anything yet until I confirmed the proper technique.
    I took her out today for a 3 hour drive to get my sister.....was cruising at 80 on the highway and punched it up to 90 in about 2 seconds!
    That was a blast. Can't wait for some warmer, dryer weather so I can put her to the test on a clear, flat, straight stretch.

First thing this Spring is a radiator flush, maybe a new t-stat. Too damn cold right now. I work outside enough at work, hometime is to warm up and relax.

Yah, a WOT is always somewhat exilerating. Love the sound of a Northstar at WOT. Try it from a standstill or dropping it into 2nd while entering the toll road from a 30 or 40 punch.

OK, I couldn't stand it so I got on the Carhartts and went out there. That did help but, it seems that the last little 1/16" won't close. Does the latch mechanism wear out? Hard to tell but, it looks like it's plastic.
    The strike post did move in a small amount, so it doesn't whistle through the window seal any more. Also took her to the spray wash to get the salt off of her. The car seems to go faster when it's clean and more aerodynamic...

OK thanks,

well until then i will try my best to describe it.
    I have a '97 Eldorado's etc(i might have said 95 before) and on the door frame both pass side and driver side their is a little black nub that sticks out, don't know what it is but it does not matter, and instead of going under it like normal it goes above it making a gap.

I will also keep trying to upload pics

thank u

(this is the other messege i get when i try to upload)

Invalid Post specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

IMPORTANT: If you received this message immediately after posting, there's a good chance your message was flagged as spam. Please see the following link for more information in regards.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...m-defense.html

I looked on my 95 ETC and it doesn't have these plastic/rubber nubs...perhaps try putting the pics on photobucket and then using a direct link?

PS: Nice avatar!

At last here they are.
    Attached Images

Otto,
    If you are talking about the door panel aligning with the fender panel, try loosening that striker again and tapping on it. Maybe you can get another 1/16" adjustment out of it. If not, then perhaps the door was replaced at some point and the front hinges where not aligned properly.

Barry,
    Oh, those. Frameless windows are a PITA. Best you can do is close the door with the window down a 1/4", then raise it (from inside). When closing it from the outside you might try slowly closing it while pressing the glass under it and then pushing the door closed the last bit. Or maybe lower the window stop inside the door panel a 1/16" and hope it does not cause a wind noise. I fought those damned things for years with frameless windows. Not sorry to see them gone.

So is it the door that is out of wack or the window? Or worse the frame
    I was hoping to get a point to start at.

And dont worry if we cant fix this problem got lots more to fix.
    yaaaaaaa

Thanks again, Ranger. I'll look into proper door alignment technique when I get a set of shop manuals. Probably later into the Summer after work picks up (HVAC Service tech).

Barry, If you still have the car then (I saw the For Sale sign it the window) I'll see if there is some magical technique in the manual and scan the page for you if so.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.