2002 Eldorado Navigation?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 2002 Eldorado Navigation? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Has the Eldorado ever had navigation? My 2002 does not, can I transplant one from another Cadillac? Has anyone ever ...
    nascartamike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Eldorado ETC

2002 Eldorado Navigation?

Has the Eldorado ever had navigation? My 2002 does not, can I transplant one from another Cadillac? Has anyone ever installed an after market navigation or even heard of someone doing it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: 2002 Eldorado Navigation?

IF the nav screen/unit is part of the Bose head unit then you need a GM dealer to program it with your car's VIN - it's all part of the security and data stream system. I believe a swap without re-program triggers all sorts of no-start and security stuff.

Get a bean bag dash mount and a Garmin 205W Nuvi GPS. Cheaper and more reliable.

eyekandyboats.inc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS(140K), 2000 ETC(284K), 1990 allante( 80K)

stock navigation can not be installed in a eldorado due too the pass key
    sorry
    however i am sure you can install an aftermarket one AS LONG AS you keep the stock deck installed in the trunk and run the audio lines to the new head unit

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Quote Originally Posted by nascartamike View Post
    Has the Eldorado ever had navigation? My 2002 does not, can I transplant one from another Cadillac? Has anyone ever installed an after market navigation or even heard of someone doing it?
    Too bad you are not located in Toronto area, I would provide you with the OEM Denso NAV unit to test if it works. But my guess is the same as eyekandyboats.inc. I am trying to put this unit in my ’97 STS with no success so far. I am willing to even change the PCM (and engine if required) just to have the NAV unit working.

Quote Originally Posted by N*Caddy View Post
    I am willing to even change the PCM (and engine if required) just to have the NAV unit working.
    i knew you were crazy about that nav unit but i didnt know how!
    your nuts! lol see ya tomorow!

nascartamike is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Eldorado ETC

It sounds like Cadillac really 'over designed' the integration of their technologies. A sound system should be simple; power, ground, speakers, what else does it really need? I did my Suburban last summer, Crutchfield had a easy wiring solution. The dash modification was tough but it came out great. I haven't even pulled the radio on my Eldorado to see what the wiring looks like. It sounds like some of you have and its a mess. I will probably wait until it gets warmer here in Texas to mess with it. My JVC GPS/DVD system in my Suburban is awesome. It entertains me while I'm driving just watching the map. Plus XM, HD and bluetooth are all cool features to have. I know I could have that stuff externally but I want the clean, factory installed look. If you saw my Suburban, you would swear in came from the factory like that.

Necrosan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe

You can definitely do it yourself.
    They make a nice kit too now-a-days so you don't need to futz around with ABS plastic and a dremel too much.

Don't let these guys scare you into not doing it, it's definitely possible. Also, it is NOT a requirement to keep the OEM HU in the trunk, that's just a personal preference.
    And, FWIW, almost any newer aftermarket double din head unit will top the OEM stuff in looks and performance, if installed right.

Good luck!

if you are refering to the mods you did in your 94 eldo then you headunit is not nearly as intregrated as the 2002 eldorado.
    you have ODB1 computer he has ODB 2 computer.
    also when i removed my stock radio for a couple mins while modifying it i lost control of my lights my memory seats and theft system.
    its up to you.
    your 94 isnt near the same complexity. i know i own a 94 as well

Necrosan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe

I'm not referring to my 94's install, friend of mine has a 99 Seville that he just got fitted up.
    No codes/problems and the car does NOT have the OEM head unit in the trunk.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.