Big 3 Upgrade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Big 3 Upgrade in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; 1995 Cadillac Seville STS i need to know how to get to the alternator and where it is located to ...
    Djpac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Seville STS

Big 3 Upgrade

1995 Cadillac Seville STS
    i need to know how to get to the alternator and where it is located to do a big 3 upgrade. i searched for a little bit and came up with zero results. any links or information would be extremely appreciated!

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: Big 3 Upgrade

Just look over the passengers side fender and follow the serpentine belt. It's way down in there.

Djpac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1995 Seville STS

ok thanks man. figured it was all the way down there but wanted to double check before i waste time in this freezing weather.

Cleaner1974 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado ETC Kathy (deceased), 1996 Eldorado ETC Sylvia

i changed the alt on an eldo last summer. not too much fun. have to take the passenger side wheel off to get to all the bolts. the rest are reachable from up top and from the bottom. you have to take off the two panels that are under the nose of the car.some people say you have to remove the radiator to get the alt out, but all i had to do was loosen up the fan and move it over a bit.

YoungGun21 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Deville

I'm considering doing the same upgrade, however, how does one get the power cable from alternator to the battery underneath to the rear pass. seat. I've looked briefly but unable to find an access point at the firewall. I'd prefer not having to make a large drilled hole thru it. Any suggestions will be great for me and all others interested in this particular post. Thanx again

johnny kannapo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado

I have never heard of "the big 3" upgrade. Enlighten me?

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, install a sound system
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

A school of thought that says the battery cables and alternator positive cable are not large enough in gauge or high enough in quality to supply sufficient 12VDC to an aftermarket sound system.

You and I could fool with carburetors, cams, and various engine tweaks for more power; these new vehicles resist that sort of work so the trend, in order to keep up with the "Look what I got" image, is to make it sonically louder. (See my mantra under my login name.)

jcresciSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac Seville STS (November 2012, 183k)

johnny kannapo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado

I think I understand, upgrades that the outcome is not to be confused with drivability, or comfort enhancements. Modifications that enable reasons for celebration! A giant honking amplifier in the trunk that will turn the shifter & throttle cable into the main grounds. I get it now.

jcresciSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac Seville STS (November 2012, 183k)

Basically just keeping the voltage up when running a large stereo system in the car. Usually 1200rms is when you really need it...I'm running 500rms on my stock alt (well replaced back in Oct) and its steady at 14.0 most the time even with bass heavy music.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.