Rear Wheel Noise
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Rear Wheel Noise in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Ok Frist I wanna thank everyone that helped answer all my questions on my 97 sts it runs like a ...
    ryan_day4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 STS

Question Rear Wheel Noise

Ok Frist I wanna thank everyone that helped answer all my questions on my 97 sts it runs like a top now ive put 8000 miles on it since oct. and so far its been the best 800 dollar car ive every bought but anyway now when i turn i hear coming from the back wheel a noise like something rubbing almost sounds like the rotor is rubbing the brake pads you only can hear the noise when you turn and the window has to be down I jacked the car up and spun the wheel with my hand it rolled smooth with no weird sounds any help would be great

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

chubbyranger is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55

Re: Rear Wheel Noise

Wheel bearing? Grab the wheel with both hands and push/pull to check for bearing play. Jack it up first.

ryan_day4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 STS

Ok well jacked it up and no play at all so maybe its in the brakes the guy that sold me the car didnt have a clue how to work on stuff i mean he sold it to me for 800 dollars because the ac only blew out of the defrost vents and that was just a vac.. line off and he also told me the brake booster was bad and all that was it had a bust brake line in the front where somone had changed the brakes and left a bolt out of the braket that holds the rubber line and it got into the tire so he had worked on all the breaks i was looking back there today and seen the brakett for the em brake cable was missing a bolt and the caliper looked funny go i took it all off and put it back right so i will drive it and see and let you know thanks for the help

chubbyranger is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55

Usually noise in turns is front wheels not rear. Unless its the rear knuckle issue but I don't know much about that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.