Headed to Junk-yard, any items I should look out for?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Headed to Junk-yard, any items I should look out for? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I'll soon be going to a U-Pull-It junkyard. So far I'm planning on getting a fuel pressure regulator, torque struts/dampers, ...
    Netjive8 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Cadillac Seville STS, 1998 Cadillac Deville (Base)

Headed to Junk-yard, any items I should look out for?

I'll soon be going to a U-Pull-It junkyard. So far I'm planning on getting a fuel pressure regulator, torque struts/dampers, oil cap, chrome exterior door trim, center armrest, radio knobs, and possibly ignition module.

Are there any easy/cheap items I should try to get that could save me trouble in the future, or that would be nice to have? I just want to make sure I've got all my bases covered before I head out. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

drewsdeville is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2011 Crown Vic LX, 2009 Chevy Malibu 2LT

Re: Headed to Junk-yard, any items I should look out for?

Junkyards are great for scoring good interior/exterior body parts. However, I wouldn't trust junkyard parts for isntances like your ignition module or fuel pressure regulator. You are better off buying those new...

Yea, I hear what you're saying. I'm only gonna pick the fpr and icm up if I can get them for dirt cheap.

Ian-STS99 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville

Compressor for the rear shocks..... less than $100.00 if you find one in good shape.

Jim 99 eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Eldorado 2000 Jeep TJ 2000 Ford SD 4X4 Diesel crew cab

If you do not already have one, Get the garage door remote it will olug right in the wires are already there great up grade cost me 2 bucks.

Thanks for the tips. I was able to get everything on my list, but I decided not to get the ICM. I even got 2 FPR's. Unfourtunately, I couldn't find a garage door remote, that would have been really nice to have. I was very happy when I found a set of prestine radio knobs for the bass/treble/fade/balance functions. They charged me a flat rate of $20 for misc. parts.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.