Where is PCM, MAF sensor ground terminated (seville SLS 96)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Where is PCM, MAF sensor ground terminated (seville SLS 96) in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I read from online database that ground for MAF sensor, Oil level sensor, and Oil pressure switch, and PCM is ...
    john19999 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Seville STS 2001, Eldorado 1997

Where is PCM, MAF sensor ground terminated (seville SLS 96)

I read from online database that ground for MAF sensor, Oil level sensor, and Oil pressure switch, and PCM is common (it is terminated at G117). Does anyone know where is this ground terminated. I think corrosion may be an issue for my seville sls 96 since I have issues with both Oil pressure switch and Oil level sensor and lean condition (so far could not find out the vacuum leak). I will appreciate the location of this ground and connector.

Thanks
    John

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Caddyshack100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP

Re: Where is PCM, MAF sensor ground terminated (seville SLS 96)

John, I believe you are looking for G101 and G102 which are located in the engine bay, the PCM grounds to 102, these are little black boxes which attach to a frame rail and have about 8 wires coming out of them.

john19999 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Seville STS 2001, Eldorado 1997

In fact the some online database is showing G117 for seville SLS 96 for PCM as well as for MAF. Does anyone has facory service manual for sevillle SLS. I will appreciate info as where G117 is connected.

Thanks
    John

2000CadillacSTS is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2000 STS

Quote Originally Posted by Caddyshack100 View Post
    John, I believe you are looking for G101 and G102 which are located in the engine bay, the PCM grounds to 102, these are little black boxes which attach to a frame rail and have about 8 wires coming out of them.
    Also, dont just pay attention and address the corrosion where the black box connects to the chassis. They also get extremely corroded inside. You are better off to clip the wires from them and connect them to the frame yourself. These black boxes have been found to be a common electrical problem on these cars.

00 Deville is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 Deville / 04 Deville

John, I don't know what online database you are looking at but it's wrong if your 96 is powered by a N* engine. Per the 96 SLS FSM.... CaddyShack is correct G102 is the grounding point for both the PCM and MAF sensor on a N* engine.

According to the FSM G102 is located...
    "Lower right hand rear of the engine, near the power steering rack"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.