Replace Fuel Pump
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Replace Fuel Pump in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I Have A 97 ETC Eldorado,I'm Going To Replace To Fuel Pump.Is There A Access In The Truck Or Under ...
    JUMP IN MY KITTY is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC 89 Coupe Deville

Replace Fuel Pump

I Have A 97 ETC Eldorado,I'm Going To Replace To Fuel Pump.Is There A Access In The Truck Or Under The Back Seat To Get To The Fuel Pump.Or Do I Have To Drop The Tank.Thank You, Have A Merry Christmas

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cleaner1974 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1996 Eldorado ETC Kathy (deceased), 1996 Eldorado ETC Sylvia

Re: Replace Fuel Pump

hmmm i have read many posts about this. they put in an access port in later year cars...cant remember which year, search for fuel pump replacement and im sure you'll find something.

97EldoCoupe is offline U.S. Patent #8,740,532 - www.studkit.com
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

Eldos, no. Devilles all the way though the 1999 model year, no. Sevilles 92-97, no.

98+ Sevilles have the access cover in the trunk.
    00+ Deville have the access cover.
    95-04 Auroras have the access cover.
    The Bonneville's have the access cover. Basically anything with this chassis/platform has it. Can't remember the letter definition. Eldorados never did.

The reason for the access cover: If your car has it, you have to drop the rear sub-frame to remove the tank. This would be too labor intensive just to change the fuel pump module, so GM did something to help us. Thankfully.

Your Eldo has two straps with 15mm bolts holding them up, one wire harness that needs to be disconnected, and three fuel lines. One is pressure feed, one is return, and the other is the EVAP / vent line.

It's a P.I.T.A. but do-able.

97EldoCoupe is offline U.S. Patent #8,740,532 - www.studkit.com
    Automobile(s): 97 ETC, 04 Bonneville GXP, 2010 Sierra SLT crew cab /4x4

Remember there is also some rubber cushioning on top of the plastic tank to insulate it from the body (to keep it from chafing, making squeaks, wearing with body movement). You may need to get some silicone or something to glue these in place when you re-install the tank. It'll make the job a little easier.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.