99 sts mufflers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 99 sts mufflers in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I know it's been covered and I have used the search function but I want to make sure I have ...
    eXile is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 White Diamond STS Z Rated

99 sts mufflers

I know it's been covered and I have used the search function but I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before I make the plunge.

The muffler inlet and outlet size IS 2 1/4" correct?

And both flowmaster 40 delta series as well as super 44s work in our cars?

I'd reallly like to go to a borla super turbo or pro xs those will work as well I hope?

How much is installation for this type of job normally? I'm really leaning towarss the borla pro xs mufflers because borla is offered as a upgrade to new cadillacs exhaust systems hats apparently gm certified.

One more question, I am leaning more toward center/center mufflers instead of offset/center, center/center won't change anything other than more noise right? (which is what I want)

thanks for the help in advance!

~X

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 99 sts mufflers

BUMP for anyone? :/

chubbyranger is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55

Crickets? I've not seen any posts on exhaust work in quite awhile; its probably one of the least-covered subjects here unless you want to count the Corsa discussions. For most of the stuff I don't know anything about (which is a lot) I can usually at least remember a thread. Drawing a blank on muffler pipe size though. Buy hey, you got a free bump...

Haha thanks chubby, Ive been searching my but off and I keep coming up with conflicting sizes. I at least know for sure that it is either 2 1/4" in and out, or 2 1/2" in and out. Or.... 2 1/2" in and 2 1/4" out or vice versa.... Agh, so aggravating.

Ranger? Sub? To the rescue on this one please?

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, install a sound system
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

You're on your own - the 99 tail pipe sizes are different from the 2000+. Your best bet is to get under the car and use an outside caliper to get pipe OD's because the roll pipe benders used in production jigging do some strange things to pipe sizes.

Take a hard look at the pic and see what the bender did to the two lower pipes in my old exhaust Y.........

EDIT: Your car, a 1999 STS, right ? CORSA makes a cat-back for you. Look at www.corsaperformance.com and double check, then look at www.autopartswarehouse.com.

Here's what you wind up with, and it's good for 20hp+ at redline:

chacenbra is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '99 Cadillac DeVille -- '00 Buick Century Millenium Edition

Sub your exaust is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S

Sub I vote we just trade cars, sound good to you?

On a serious note, I cannot believe how hard it is to find someone that can weld stainless steel to stainless steel PROPERLY, in my area at least. I have go to 50 miles from where I live currently to get to a shop that will do it. And I am almost positive they are 2 1/2" in and out from the muffler now, gonna look in my factory service manuals to double check. (It will be in there right? )

Thanks for making me want my exhaust to sound mean even more now Sub.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, install a sound system
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

The pipe sizes are not in the Helm FSM. I checked. Only references to assemblies, as the entire exhaust system is normally replaced in one piece, from the car flange back.

My take ?? Wait a while, save up some bucks and early in the spring order a CORSA system. $1185 @ AutoPartsWarehouse, free shipping.

BTW, look at the system on CORSA's site - it's all straight pipe - no baffles. You shine a flashlight in the front resonator tube and light comes out the tips, but it's quiet except for an idle rumble and at WOT it will wake the dead.

I guess I'll have to save up...

Taking donations guys!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.