2002 seville sts with bose
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 2002 seville sts with bose in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I have a 2002 seville sts with bose and I hear different things everywhere I look. Im wondering what the ...
    cbach1987 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 cadillac sevile sts

Exclamation 2002 seville sts with bose

I have a 2002 seville sts with bose and I hear different things everywhere I look. Im wondering what the speaker sizes in my car are. Ive heard the tweeters in the dash are 2 in and 3 1/2 and the doors are either 8 or 6 /1/2 and i dont know what size the sub is. I want to replace everything in the car and need to know what size they are. thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mitchjagger is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2002 SLS 97 Deville(Previous)

Re: 2002 seville sts with bose

you will have to replace everything even the headunit and all the wiring then. Check in the AV/Forums for the exact info. Replacing Bose is a big job, why do you want to get rid of it?

iowasevillests is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Seville STS 73k Miles, '90 Chevy 1500 Reg Cab

+1 to mitch's comments, replacing bose is a large undertaking, not your average run of the mill car stereo. It is possible and if you are really wanting to do it the info is on this site, but it won't be cheap or easy. First all the speakers are odd ball sizes and will likely require adapter plates, plus Bose run 1 ohm impedence compared to most audio speakers are 2 or 4 ohm. Also the HU is tied into the vehicle data buss, which can bring out the electrical gremlins if removed improperly. Now I don't want to see like a naysayer because I'm considering replacing my factory bose non nav HU with a Kenwood with nav, but haven't been able to justify the 600 HU and then the approximately 300 in metra dash kits and wiring harnesses necessary to make it look professional and install seamlessly.

Bottom line search in the audio section and start reading up, all the info to do this is there.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Unless you know exactly what you're doing you'll open a Pandora's Box of electronic, security, and electrical gremlins that you'll never recover from. The original Bose HU is part of the security and serial data transmission bus for the car's controls. The car's VIN is programmed into the HU, and the first hiccup will be a "Theft detected. Car will not start" DIC message.

Good luck.

A stereo install can be done, but you had better be rich and know a top-notch installer. Even then, no guarantees. You won't be the first or last.

SevillainSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Cadillac Seville STS

a lot of people have gotten around the head unit issues by relocating it in the trunk and keeping it hooked up just not playing

SPreston2001 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K

Its really not THAT difficult if your familiar with car audio installs. Time consuming, but alot of the newer wiring kits make it alot easier. As others have said, relocating the factory HU in the trunk is the most common way to prevent any electrical problems that may come from changing out the stock HU. Best way to do it is to rip out all the factory stuff and run new speaker wire to each speaker. Check out the audio section of the forum to get more information. If you put some decent equipment in there, it will sound way better than the stock bose stuff.

I appreciate everyones help first off. Yes I do know it's a big undertaking. I also know that Bose is very difficult to replace if I'm gonna do it to replace everything. I'll b replacig the HU with a pioneer double din which I have found an adapter for and am aware of the odd ball sizes of speakers,thank u Bose. I will b taking to a local car audio shop to have it done. I talked with the owner and he told me about the difficulty and dealing with keeping the electrical parts all intact. I'm a bit of an audio junkie and the Bose just doesn't cut it for me plus my driver door speaker is blown. I was just curious on the sizes so I knew what to buy. I just wanted to make sure I don't buy the wrong sizes or have to rip the door panels off to find out haha. I'm gonna prob be buying some Polk audio component speakers and tweeters for the doors and amp them with a 4 channel amp, possibly Infinity. Also one...maybe two Kicker Solobaric L7's. And like I said the double din pioneer deck. The 3100. No nav cuz I have a gps already. But ya that's my plan least ways. I'm new to the forums and to the Cadillac world but I love her. Def a high maintainance vehicle but worth the work. I'm 22 and own a Cadi. Dream come true haha

jcresciSTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1999 Cadillac Seville STS (November 2012, 183k)

LOL, my driver door speaker is blown too...only had two subs installed and have them running off the Bose HU for now.

Also, a suggestion, remove the rear deck sub. This will allow air flow into the cabin from the trunk. The trunks on these cars are tightly sealed and they get loud easily. Only 2 12's and 500 rms and its bangin hard

Are you going to run 12 or 15 L7s? Sealed or ported? I'm guessing sealed because the trunk is not that big and I think those things need a lot of box to get loud when ported, I've heard 2 15" L7's in an Escalade and it was loud and clean.

Ya I'll move the sub out and put in 12" L7's probably sealed.

Or maybe some tens. I like the tight bass

Before you start, I strongly suggest you read Post #4 again, first sentence. Then, find a GOOD install shop and talk to a tech about Cadillac data systems and harness solutions.

Audio junkie ???

iowasevillests is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Seville STS 73k Miles, '90 Chevy 1500 Reg Cab

Nothing like seeing pic's of Sub's tube heaven and gear to make one drool.....

Plenty of heat, but send money to pay the electric bill. That amp draws a tad over 700 Watts at half power! Behind the cabinet/stack are 6 duplex hospital-grade 110V wall plugs on 3 dedicated 20 Amp circuits.

haha wow audio junkie is an understatement! and yes when I went to the shop and talked to the guy he said he has done some Cadi's with Bose before and knew about how its all wired into the system but said he could do it, itd just cost more. A decent amount more. $180 for the install of the HU alone lol but im determined and i went to Best Buy and the installer there mentioned about keeping the original HU in the trunk so im not sure as of yet which road I want to take. So it sounds like 3" speakers in the dash, 8" in the front doors, 6 1/2" in the rear and 12" sub in the back. Should be interesting to work out, but I love a challenge and all that just gives me an opportunity for a great system! just need the money now haha. Also I have an unrelated question. I looked about changing fog lights cuz one of mine is burnt out and it sounds like its going to be a pain in the butt to change. Is that right?

I forgot to mention im putting in Viper security as well. dont know if that matters. I do know about the PKeys but shouldnt be an issue as far as i can tell.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.