Autotint affecting GPS Nav Signals
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Autotint affecting GPS Nav Signals in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I know that metallic tints can affect RF signals. I was courious if anybody here has seen issues with certains ...
    roadie389 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Seville STS

Autotint affecting GPS Nav Signals

I know that metallic tints can affect RF signals. I was courious if anybody here has seen issues with certains tint types or brands. I have the newer DVD nav system put in the 03 cards. For those that have seen issues is there a way to relocate the receiver/antenna to get a better signal?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

eyekandyboats.inc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS(140K), 2000 ETC(284K), 1990 allante( 80K)

Re: Autotint affecting GPS Nav Signals

i plan to install my Nav shortly ( same style as yours ) i plan to mount my antenna in the roof Much like BMW's and Merc's. I plan to buy a aftermarket antenna and then fiberglassing a fin to fit.
    Maybe a good idea for you?

roadie389 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Seville STS

Can you send me the details when you are done. Thanks

chazglenn3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD

Those of us that retrofitted the DVD nav system into earlier model cars mount the GPS antenna under the dash cover above the head unit. You would have to buy another antenna but they can be had on eBay for about $20 shipped from Hong Kong (where I bought mine). Just unplug the current rear shelf mounted antenna from the back of the nav unit and plug the new one in. Stick it to the dash, put the dash cover back on and done!

eyekandyboats.inc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS(140K), 2000 ETC(284K), 1990 allante( 80K)

Sure. when i make mine i will do a second one free of charge or ya. if you use it or not its up to you. But i think it would look modern and cool! lol
    i will do a write up, my unit has just been shipped now and a iu have a guy close to me helping me out with the wireing ( you dont need to worry about that part)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadie389 View Post
    Can you send me the details when you are done. Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.