new 02 seville sts owner ????
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, new 02 seville sts owner ???? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; just picked up a 02 seville sts this afternoon w 91000 miles on it, just wanting to know what major ...
    detroitcity is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 seville sts

new 02 seville sts owner ????

just picked up a 02 seville sts this afternoon w 91000 miles on it, just wanting to know what major issues are common with it and what should i get checked out, this is my first caddy and im super excited ! also tpms waring went off on the way home and wanting to know if i should be concered ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: new 02 seville sts owner ????

One of your tire pressures are probably out of limits. Check your pressures and even them out.

Maintain the cooling system, religiously. Manual say every 100K/5yrs. I would not go past 3 yrs. Change the oil when the OLM tells you to. It can be relied on.

Opelmania is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 01 STS, 98 VW Beetle 5 Speed Gasser

Any aftermarket warranty? If not, put away a ton of cash! My warranty just ran out on my 01 STS. I bought it with 98K and I have 117K on it now and warranty covered about $6K and I have dished out about $2K that wasn't covered. I'm looking to buy a something on the foreign side of the world now. I love the car, but don't love the cost of owning it.
    PS I have only had it for a little over 2 years now!

Quote Originally Posted by Opelmania View Post
    Any aftermarket warranty? If not, put away a ton of cash! My warranty just ran out on my 01 STS. I bought it with 98K and I have 117K on it now and warranty covered about $6K and I have dished out about $2K that wasn't covered. I'm looking to buy a something on the foreign side of the world now. I love the car, but don't love the cost of owning it.
    Hi neighbor.

Renew82 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Seville STS 2003 47000 miles

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    Hi neighbor.
    I just noticed that you two are one county over from me..

N*Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1997 Cadillac STS (BOSE w/AUX In, Massage Seats, URPAS, "Z")

Quote Originally Posted by Opelmania View Post
    I'm looking to buy a something on the foreign side of the world now. I love the car, but don't love the cost of owning it.
    Well good luck with the foreign makers, definitely will be cheaper to repair (but usually goes like this, "the cars are very reliable just I was unlucky with this one").

As for Cadillac, regular maintenance, Oil, coolant, a kick in a tire once in a while, and that’s pretty much it. The usual repairs are:
    - Water pump (expected after 100K)
    - Fuel pump (about the same, but can be slightly prevented by keeping the tank at least 1/3 full).
    - Alternator (after 100K is not unexpected)
    - Motor mounts (some people run to one set a year)
    - Struts expected after ~150K (if CVRSS)
    - ABS & T/C issues, either the module or the wheel hubs (after 150K is not unusual)
    - Steering wheel position sensor
    - Cabin air temperature sensor fan noise (super cheap to fix but very common issue).
    - Oil leaks are not uncommon.
    - ~70 MPH shakes (unbalanced tires).
    The transmission is bullet proof usually outlasts the car, the Northstar engine does not require routine maintenance (like belts and such) as long as the oil, coolant and spark plugs are changed should be just fine (unless something brakes). The most feared and some how exaggerated issue is the head gasket. Some have-it at 30K most have-it at ~150K some have 300K++ with no issue. Personally I only know one car that had the HG done, the other 5-6 are fine.
    Do remember this car consists of way more parts than the average (reliable) car, so statistically should have more problems than the other “reliable” cars, but considering the amount of parts I would say per part is more reliable than others. The best description is…your life partner is there for you to share half the problems otherwise you would not have as single person.
    The car does uses little bit of oil (is absolutely perfectly NORMAL), expect up to 1 quart every 1K, but generally is around ¼ to ½. You do need to check your oil level at least every other fill up. Don’t get creative with oils use EXACTLY what the manual recommend, if Synthetic is not recommended NO need to use (is a waste of money), the best oil is the fresh oil not the “performance” oil kept in longer because is performance and should last longer. Don’t put additives and other crap like this in, don’t get creative with air intakes, generally any aftermarket stuff.
    Also the car is designed for spirited driving, yeah you can abuse it, is designed for that. By abuse I understand spirited drive, not leaving 20 yards of tire marks, or flooring it whit a cold engine, you can floor it all day long from 20MPH to 100MPH let’s say (warm engine). If driven in short trips most of the time, once every few months do a WOT, they say “drive-it like is stolen” once in a while. Worst Northstar powered Cadillac you can buy is one owned by an old man and used for the grocery run.

I think there are a couple of guys up in Lake co. too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.