97 Seville Coolant leak on drivers side
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 97 Seville Coolant leak on drivers side in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Why would I be getting a puddle BEHIND the DRIVER'S side front tire. With pressure on the system coolant runs ...
    hesermon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 Seville STS

97 Seville Coolant leak on drivers side

Why would I be getting a puddle BEHIND the DRIVER'S side front tire. With pressure on the system coolant runs out of the inner finder well on the drivers side. The black matting behind the inner finder (at the door opening) is soaked. Could this be the heater core all the way over here? If so how do I change it. Read the directions from Haynes but doesn't seem to be for my car. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MrEldo97 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado

Re: 97 Seville Coolant leak on drivers side

Could be the heater pipes that run along the rear of the motor. They do rot out over the years.

hesermon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 Seville STS

Heater pipes? Not sure what exactly I'm looking for. How do I access them for inspection / replacement?

chacenbra is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '99 Cadillac DeVille -- '00 Buick Century Millenium Edition

The heater pipes run along the rear head are black in color and are a PITA to get to, when I replaced mine I had to disconnect my rear motor mount from the frame and use a floor jack to tilt the motor forward

I would also inspect your coolant crossover it runs from the front head to the rear head on the driver side of your motor just under the TB.

If your car is still equipped with dex cool look around the motor compartment for a white crust this indicates dried dex.

chubbyranger is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55

Quote Originally Posted by hesermon View Post
    Read the directions from Haynes but doesn't seem to be for my car. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Haynes will not even give you the right procedure to change a tire for Cadillacs. They're sketchy at best for normal cars; I've gotten a couple tidbits out of the Haynes for my daughter's Jeep. If you want to work on your car invest in a Factory Service Manual (FSM). Try eBay or www.helminc.com or subscribe your car to alldatadiy.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.