93 eldorado transmision
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 93 eldorado transmision in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; So ive been looking for a replacement transmission but the person who was rebuilding it "lost" it. Now i dont ...
    betodel09 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 eldorado 90 deville 69 seville

93 eldorado transmision

So ive been looking for a replacement transmission but the person who was rebuilding it "lost" it. Now i dont even know whether its a 4t60e opt m13 or a 4t80e and either way i am having tons of trouble finding either one mainly because i dont want to have to pay thousands for it with freight shipping. Does anybody have any info on type of transmission 03/93 is the manufacture date. And does anyone have a place where they like buying transmissions

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

chubbyranger is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55

Re: 93 eldorado transmision

www.car-part.com will give you local yards. eBay would be a longshot. Buying a reman will likely cost more than the car is worth.

Caddyshack100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP

You will know which Tranny it is by the engine. 4.9 had the 4t60e and 4.6 Northstar had the 4T80E.. there are two ratios that came with the Northstar ETC or ELC. Your RPO codes will be able to tell you what you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Caddyshack100 View Post
    You will know which Tranny it is by the engine. 4.9 had the 4t60e and 4.6 Northstar had the 4T80E.. there are two ratios that came with the Northstar ETC or ELC. Your RPO codes will be able to tell you what you have.
    The engine is a 4.6 .The funny thing is that today i went to the mechanics shop and he said he found the part that had the # on it. It said 4t60e but what i was thinking was that maybe it wasnt the original tranny and thats one of the reasons it broke.

Quote Originally Posted by chubbyranger View Post
    [car-partswill give you local yards. eBay would be a longshot. Buying a reman will likely cost more than the car is worth.
    I might have found my new favorite sight.

Unless somebody has done a real expensive conversion there is no way that the tranny was a 4T60E, a wrecker yard 4T80E is not a bad choice given how good this tranny is and should if the miles are not too great on it, give good service. You just need to to find one with the correct gear ratio.

Actually, come to think of it, I think your car only came with the one gear ratio, the two ratios did not come until later on, somebody who knows old eldorados can correct me on that, but it still does not change the fact that its a 4T80E transmission

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.