Change Brake Pads message 2002 SLS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Change Brake Pads message 2002 SLS in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I am getting a "Change Brake Pads" message on my information center on my 2002 SLS. I changed them last ...
    Newman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Eldo and SLS

Change Brake Pads message 2002 SLS

I am getting a "Change Brake Pads" message on my information center on my 2002 SLS. I changed them last year or 18 months ago...just the front ones. Would this be for the back ones? I drive less than 40 miles a day, nothing real demanding and I don't ride the brakes or anything like that. I did replace the fronts with ceramic pads. The NAPA guy said that was all they had in stock and they were high. Do they wear out that fast?j Thanks in advance for any commments, they have been very usefull in the past.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Change Brake Pads message 2002 SLS

Probably the rears. FWIW, you should always change all 4 wheels when pads are due: different brands and different wear patterns have different braking characteristics.

You'll need to check the brake pad wear sensors in each pad set. If one sensor tripwire is rubbed through, the message shows regardless of where the wear is. Some replacement pad sets come with sensors, some you may need to scrounge in www.rockauto.com.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.