code T033 current
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, code T033 current in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; my traction control display just popped up. ran codes and got T033 current. says it's the right rear wheel sensor. ...
    Pete315 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 95 Eldorado

code T033 current

my traction control display just popped up. ran codes and got T033 current. says it's the right rear wheel sensor. would this effect the traction control? I'll see if I have a bad connection at plug. I'm assuming this sensor has to be near the rotor or hub. can this sensor be changed w/o changing the hub?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Re: code T033 current

The sensor is IN the hub and cannot be changes. When ABS is inop, it disables T/C.

since I got this code, the car starts off in second gear. is there a way to bypass this system so that car will start off in first? if I cant fix this traction control and charging problem, there is no way I'm going to invest in a HG fix. might be selling a 95 Eldo cheap in NY area!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger View Post
    The sensor is IN the hub and cannot be changes. When ABS is inop, it disables T/C.
    I forgot to add that when the T/C is disables it takes 1st gear with it. Replace the hub & bearing assembly and you'll get it all back, ABS, T/C and 1st gear.

do you need a special tool to change the hub? is it pressed on?

You will need a 34mm socket. Hub should slide off the splined shaft, but sometimes they get stubborn. If so, have someone hold the flat end of a ball peen hammer on the shaft while you give it a good whack with a big mallet. That should sheer the bond.

I went underneath car today and removed the connection, hoping that the contacts were dirty. I cleared the codes and then restarted car and the code T033 current came back. if I buy a new hub and before installing, just plug it in, I'm assuming I should not get a code, correct? I get the code now without even moving the car. I was going to get a new hub and plug it in to make sure that this hub is throwing the code or is it a bad wire running from the hub to the PCM.

Yeah, that should work. You can also just make a jumper wire and connect the two pins on the connector and the light will go out. If it does, it's the hub and with that code, I'm pretty sure it is. The wheel bearing is probably not far behind.

thanks, I'll try that.

today I changed the right rear hub and I still get the same code T033 current. with my test light, I have no power at the plug that plugs into the hub. I'm assuming I should have power coming into the plug and if the ABS sensor is good, it allows current to flow thru sensor and return the power to the I'm guessing the PCM. I was going to pull off left rear tire to see if I have current at that plug cause I do not get a T037 which would indicate left rear sensor problem, but it was getting late. question- should there be power at this plug that goes into hub? if so, where would the power supply come from? I have a feeling if I supplied 12 volts to one connection of that plug which returns to the PCM, the traction disabled light would turn off and I would have first gear. I did do the bypass thru the computer to have the traction control turn off for 12 ignition cycles which did work, however that annoying ABS and Traction light is still on.

Does the light go out if you jump the pins in the connector?

I'll try that tonite however I have no power at that plug and don't see how jumping a dead plug will do anything.

Ii measures resistance. Other than that I'm not sure if it has voltage there or not. I guess you must have voltage to have resistance, right? Obviously, electronics is not my strong point.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

There is no "power" to the plug. The wheel speed sensor is a Hall effect device which generates and transmits pulses to the PCM and EBCM system by reading the speed of passage of a reluctor wheels' teeth. The pulses generated are on the order of millivolts, so you'll only be able to measure some small resistance across the sensor terminals themselves, which resistance would be due to the winding in the sensor coil.

The PCM constantly compares all 4 wheel speeds, and if one wheel is out of spec, codes pop and default limits are set into the powertrain controls and braking system.

This sounds like a connector or wiring problem, not the hub sensor itself.

looks like I'll have to trace that wire from the hub to as far as I can see. even without the car moving, it throws this code for the right rear wheel sensor. do you think it could be a bad PCM?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.