P1574 and c1295 wont go away - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, P1574 and c1295 wont go away in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; It was open circuited wasn't it? Can you actually buy that part from GM, or is it part of the ...
    Mark C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Seville STS, 2000 Seville STS

Re: P1574 and c1295 wont go away

It was open circuited wasn't it? Can you actually buy that part from GM, or is it part of the switch?

Good thing it was that, because the next step after checking that and the switch itself was new EBTCM.

Snacky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Seville STS 1994 (R.I.P), Seville SLS 1997

Ya it was a open circuited, i got a new one from a electrical part store, i just unsolder it from the connector, its not part of the switch itself but its on the switch connector

i took it with me to the store, they gave me a new one, did look different but hey it works so who care's, GM as dealer or part house doesnít exist here anymore, they didnít survival
    So its getting real difficult to get parts for GMís hereÖ

Mark C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Seville STS, 2000 Seville STS

I think the function of that capacitor is to supervise the wiring between the switch and the EBTCM. It leaves voltage on the circuit when the brake switch is open but not enough current to light the brake lights or trip the cruise control module. If it wasn't there and the wire broke the EBTCM would never know. Its not mentioned anywhere in the service manual other than the wiring diagrams and its not in the trouble shooting section for that code. I've often wondered how how the car knows if the brake switch circuit is open, since thats its normal condition, unless the brakes are applie. It misleads you into thinking the switch is bad, instead of the wiring (or in this case the capacitor), its kind of a bad name for that particular DTC.

Snacky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Seville STS 1994 (R.I.P), Seville SLS 1997

well im glad its fixed and even better it passed its state inspection without any problems

Caddyshack100 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP

That was a good call Mark, I will have to put that one away in my fixit file for future reference, I too looked at the diagnostic routine and saw the replacement of the EBTCM as next on his list, I was wondering what the problem was when he mentioned that he tried another one. Thanks for the tip.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.