Boston and Northstar Performance
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Boston and Northstar Performance in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; after being stuck in Boston, I found these guys to repair my Northstar with Jake's stud kit; www.nemesismustang.com . These ...
    cadi4evr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Boston and Northstar Performance

after being stuck in Boston, I found these guys to repair my Northstar with Jake's stud kit; www.nemesismustang.com. These guys are very reasonably priced and after watching them at work they know exactly what they are doing especially around the Northstar.

The engine is out presently and Jake's Northstar stud kit is going in tonight. At least half the bolts were partially stripped and had aluminum on them. I want to express my gratitude to Jake and Charity at Northstar Performance (www.northstarperformance.com) for the help, great information and the wonderfully engineered stud kit.

I will follow up with an endurance test post on the work once the car is back on the road.

Hope this can help other Northstar owners get their Cadi's with blown head gaskets and stripped head bolts on the road!

Sounds like a marketing piece but I would not post this if I truly did not mean it.

On a side note, since the engine is out, new alternator, starter, O2 sensors, water pump and crank position sensors are going in! I would highly recommend this. The additional cost will be offset long term I believe.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

stgry1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 99 seville

Re: Boston and Northstar Performance

Glad to see people still out there that can be trusted to do a good job. Good posting!

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

So what WAS the price for the labor? You didn't have to go TOO much further north to have Jake do it himself for around 1500 bucks or so, so I'm assuming the labor cost was competitive with that considering the parts you had to purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by Playdrv4me View Post
    So what WAS the price for the labor? You didn't have to go TOO much further north to have Jake do it himself for around 1500 bucks or so, so I'm assuming the labor cost was competitive with that considering the parts you had to purchase?
    Yup its going to be around $1500. So it all works out and can be done right in New England.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Quote Originally Posted by cadi4evr View Post
    Yup its going to be around $1500. So it all works out and can be done right in New England.
    That's awesome, thanks for the info! Might want to let them know about us in case they want to become a supporting member and advertise here.

Quote Originally Posted by cadi4evr View Post
    after being stuck in Boston, I found these guys to repair my Northstar with Jake's stud kit; www.nemesismustang.com. These guys are very reasonably priced and after watching them at work they know exactly what they are doing especially around the Northstar.

The engine is out presently and Jake's Northstar stud kit is going in tonight. At least half the bolts were partially stripped and had aluminum on them. I want to express my gratitude to Jake and Charity at Northstar Performance (www.northstarperformance.com) for the help, great information and the wonderfully engineered stud kit.

I will follow up with an endurance test post on the work once the car is back on the road.

Hope this can help other Northstar owners get their Cadi's with blown head gaskets and stripped head bolts on the road!

Sounds like a marketing piece but I would not post this if I truly did not mean it.

On a side note, since the engine is out, new alternator, starter, O2 sensors, water pump and crank position sensors are going in! I would highly recommend this. The additional cost will be offset long term I believe.
    Hi Guys

Just wanted to give a performance update, 5000 miles on the 'new' engine and running GREAT! I've beaten her up a bit too... LOL

23,000 miles and going very strong...

Jim 99 eldo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Eldorado 2000 Jeep TJ 2000 Ford SD 4X4 Diesel crew cab

4500 Miles with Jakes studs all is well at this time.

2manyhotrods is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 Eldorado ETC coupe.

Where in Mass. is Nemesis located?
    Need an address to visit them shortly.

Ranger is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

I believe I heard that they are no longer in business.

Mark C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1997 Seville STS, 2000 Seville STS

Used to be in Woburn.

10 Roessler Rd
    Woburn, Massachusetts
    01801-6208, USA
    phone 781.937.5517

Don't know if they are still there or not.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    They're gone.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.