A/C Recirculation Mode
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, A/C Recirculation Mode in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; How well does your A/C recirculation mode keep outside odors out of the cabin? I did not reinstall a cabin ...
    kckranz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville, 2005 Nissan Pathfinder

A/C Recirculation Mode

How well does your A/C recirculation mode keep outside odors out of the cabin?

I did not reinstall a cabin air filter after removing the old one (and most of you know why) but thought that the recirculation HVAC mode completely closed the system from outside air. Maybe I'm just expecting too much but driving behind the diesel dump truck doing 25 in a 45 (and can't pass) is KILLING me even in recirc mode.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SPreston2001 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K

Re: A/C Recirculation Mode

Yeah I too also pulled my cabin air filter out and have yet to re-install it. I wanted to see what everybody was talking about and man is that the dumbest damn filter design ever!! But to answer your question I think the recirc mode is only going to do a half-ass job of keeping outside odors out. I guess the cabin air filter is good for something after all lol!

kckranz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Deville, 2005 Nissan Pathfinder

After reviewing my initial post I suppose that if A/C recirc completely closed the system from outside air the occupants would eventually die from suffocation! Still, I thought it would do better to keep toxic black diesel dust out of my [once nicotine and tar-infested] lungs.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

I pulled the cabin air filter in January of 06 and never looked back. If I see a dead skunk or dust cloud, recirc. Otherwise as normal. The manual states that recirc does just that with most of the cabin air. If you run with recirc on you'll never notice it - I've run the car from MD to FL and back, recirc on, and never had a problem.

A cabin air filter is a nice hype - compared to the time spent in the driver's seat, how much time do you spend walking or sleeping in the good ol' ambient atmosphere ??? Unless you park under a tree, chuck it. (Vacuum out the recess).

cl1986 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, 94 SLS got crushed

well obviously if the ac is in "max" mode, it draws air from only inside....

to do that you could set it to 60 then put the fan on lo

you cant manually select recirc on these cars though......most others you can

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.