Found while on a country drive.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Found while on a country drive. in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Yours for CDN$10,000. Saw another Cadillac for sale in a drive plus several other big-body classic cars with FOR SALE ...
    MT-ED is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '91 Brougham 5.7

Found while on a country drive.

Yours for CDN$10,000.

Saw another Cadillac for sale in a drive plus several other big-body classic cars with FOR SALE notes on them. Seems people are selling off supposed gas-guzzlers. The good news is we also saw a lot of other classics and street-rodded vehicles being enjoyed just like we were enjoying cruising in the Brougham......even on dirt roads

Martin.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bro-Ham is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1979 Cadillac Sedan deVille d'Elegance

Re: Found while on a country drive.

Hi, What a cool color! A 1972 Eldo? With 1976 wheel covers it looks like. What color is CadIlike? Nice looking car! I kind of wish I had an early 1990's Brougham...

CADILIKE is dark, dark metallic blue. Here's a sunny shot.

Martin.

ted tcb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Previous STS' 1995/97/99/01/03

Martin, your car looks better all the time, despite being your daily driver, winter and all.

How has it held up for you in the year or so you've owned it?

2000ForrestGrnCatty is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS

Looks clean enough, but $10,000.00 is too steep, especially in these tough economic times.

Quote Originally Posted by 2000ForrestGrnCatty View Post
    Looks clean enough, but $10,000.00 is too steep, especially in these tough economic times.
    Yeah, I agree. There was a sheet in the driver's window saying it was appraised at $25,000 or some similar figure. The photos show a half decent car but up close I could see that lots of work would be needed to make it really cherry.

Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by ted tcb View Post
    Martin, your car looks better all the time, despite being your daily driver, winter and all.

How has it held up for you in the year or so you've owned it?
    Well, to be honest photos are rather flattering. There's a multitude of imperfections, some rust scabs here and there and I'd like to maybe clay-bar the paint at some point. The right rear fender has a rather low-quality previous repair and respray. Let's just say it ain't exactly great. I'm making it sound nasty because I'm picky. It's not really that bad, just not up to the level I would wish for.

Mechanically, I've put a fuel pump in it, new radiator, mid pipe and muffler (now both stainless). New front pads, caliper service, front brake hoses, rear shoes and wheel cylinders. I'm getting some squarking every so often from the right rear brake under light braking or as I ease off the brakes. Might put new drums on as the old ones are a bit worn.....I was surprised my mechanic didn't suggest changing them actually.

Ever since I've owned the car there's been a left header downpipe join blow that ticks under acceleration....annoying. I've just come into some money and I want to do some work on the car. I'm thinking get the exhaust done with a new cat to get rid of the tick. Or I might go to duals. Want to stick some bright headlight bulbs in, get a new or good used trunk lock emblem as the car's never had one since I got it.

I lost a left front wheel-trim on the highway so I'm soon going ahead with my long-term plans for the car which have always been in my head since I bought it in November '07. They include fitting Moon equipment Starburst hubcaps.........like so........

Quite probably getting the side windows tinted.......and the big, big change will be bagging the car. I want the car to be truly dual personality. Relatively stock appearing for everyday driving with the ability to drop it for cruising.

I'm a street-rodder, kustom freak at heart and despite hating lowriders with their itty-bitty wheels I've always wanted a car with adjustable height.
    I was under the back end the other day and both rear shocks are leaking fluid so will need replacing. Might as well fit regular shocks as the air adjustables will be reduntant anyway if I follow through with the master-plan.

Some may call it sacriledge but everyone I've spoken to so far tells me it will make the car ride even smoother than stock. I didn't buy the Cadillac because I wanted a taught sports car. I wanted gliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide.

Martin.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.