Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Surge/Overflow tank hose leak...

4K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  chazglenn3 
#1 ·
Ok I just replaced my surge tank that had a small hole in it but when I started to fill it with coolant the lower hose started to leak where it connects to the tank. I have it pushed on as far as it will go and the clip seems to be in the right spot.

I assume I need to replace the hose. The end that connects to the tank comes off easy but the "engine side" seems to be glued on or something. Any suggestions on how to remove it and do I need to install the new one with some sort of sealer?

And can I just get the hose at a local auto parts store or do I have to goto the dealer?

Thanks!

#2 ·
The old hose is probably dis-formed on the end from being connected to the tank nipple for so long. If the hose is long enough cut off an inch or so and try reconnecting. If that don't work your changing the hose.

There's no secret hose sealant that I'm aware of... but they do seem to like to stick on the nipple if they have been on there a while... but a twist with a pair of pliers or a slit from a razor blade will usually free the stubborn ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.