Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Idiot move with the spark plugs wires? Need advice...

2K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  Warmarshall2nd 
#1 ·
Alright, I made a dumb mistake today when I was painting my valve cover... I painted the spark plug wires as well... Yeah yea... I'm an idiot...

I didn't paint the whole thing... Just the part that sticks out from under the engine cover. I didn't pull the wires out. Again, it's just the little bit that shows on the front side of the block.

Now, let's forgo the fact that I did such a thing. I should have read about it first. My question is how likely is it that I will have problems that will hurt the car? Or, preferably, will I most likely be alright?

Once more, I prove how gun-ho I can be, and how often I don't think before acting...

#6 ·
If the paint was not metal flake like aluminum, silver or bronze, you should be OK. For a (relatively) non-injurious check, start the car and gingerly grab a section of the painted wire with a thumb and forefinger. No jolts ?? You're OK.

#8 ·
You have no idea how relieved you all have made me feel! Thanks for the test tip, Submariner. Once again, you're knowledge has proven most helpful :worship:

I'll post some pictures eventually of all the work I'm doing in my 'Updating the Look' thread. It's all part of a big 'restoration' and 'update' project I've undertaken.

Currently, I'm just doing some spot work under the hood to make things clean, rust-free and shiny.

Again, thanks a lot!

#24 ·
Better analogy: For something approaching Heavy Fuel, Adam's.............

"......last time I was sober,
Man, I felt bad........
Worst hangover that I ever had........
Took six hamburgers,...................."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.