A/C Help!!! - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, A/C Help!!! in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Ok so here a pic of the problem I think. The red line is where a vac. line from the ...
    ryan_day4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 97 STS

Re: A/C Help!!!

Ok so here a pic of the problem I think. The red line is where a vac. line from the intake goes in to the Canister Purge Solenoid the red line does have vac. the yellow line is a 3 way the connects the Canister Purge Solenoid to two other things none of those lines have vac. the blue line goes from the 3 way to the part i was saying that i dont have a clue what it is the blue line has no vac. the green line is the line that goes over and inside the car to work the heater controlls and it also ts to the vac. canister under the battery does not have any vac either all the lines are good. I hooked the line that goes to the vac canister and into the car(the green one it the pic) to the one from the inake (the red one in the pic) all the controlls worked great and the vac. canister had vac. to it down under the battery. if hooked up they way it is suppose to be the on line that has vac is the one going to the Canister Purge Solenoid does that mean its bad? no vac. is getting to the other lines that are hooked to it
    Attached Images

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

The CANP solenoid only supplies downstream (canister purge) vacuum on a command from the PCM which trips the internal valve, thus porting vacuum and vapors to the intake manifold. This usually happens at an off-idle steady cruise situation.

As far as verifying the correct hose hookups you need either the underhood vacuum diagram, a GM Service Manual, or a good pic from someone with the same exact engine.

Well I have alldata on the car but it doesnt have the diagram so anybody with a 97 sts please look at my photo and take one of the same place so i can see it mine is hooked up right

greg-sls is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1997 SLS

Ryan, just looking at it analytically, if the "yellow" line is dead, then the problem should be before that juncture inside the CANP. I also noticed the FPR is hooked after the "yellow" line so you could have a fuel pressure issue too. It seems to me the yellow line should have a vacuum at all times. Sorry, your engine looks different than mine - I have the 4.6L.

The FPR is on its own vac. line to the intake sorry hard to tell from the pic

Yup - after looking again I saw that. So the main source of vacuum is from the "red" line to the CANP, then to the "yellow" line which conjoins to the blue line ending up at the PCV valve? It seems an odd place for the "green" line to take off from which you say is the main for the A/C modes. Do I have that right?

That thing that the blue line goes to is called the (evap) vac. purge switch and the green line goes to the ac controlls

OK, so do you have full-time vacuum on the "blue" line?

To clarify, if at idle there's no vacuum on the blue line, the problem should be at the CANP as you need a vacuum passed to the green line to run the AC mode. If there is a vacuum on the blue line at idle and nothing on the green line, then the problem is most likely the evap purge switch.

That what i was thinking there is none to the blue line I will get one and see what happens thanks for you help

I hope I have the terminology correct...that would mean the rectangular device with rounded corners shown just above the FPR is culprit. BTW, did you pull the "Yellow" U shaped line off from that device to be sure it wasn't a blocked line? Highly unlikely, but just to be sure. Good Luck.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.