Anyone on here ever replaced a trans in a 95 eldo N*? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Anyone on here ever replaced a trans in a 95 eldo N*? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; No i didnt, but i did work at valvoline express care and we torqed every drain pan bolt to 20 ...
    fatboi07 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 95 Eldorado

Re: Anyone on here ever replaced a trans in a 95 eldo N*?

No i didnt, but i did work at valvoline express care and we torqed every drain pan bolt to 20 ft lbs and after doing that for so long u kinda get the feel for it so i just halfed that. I was really super careful on that aspect.

Ok so half bump half question. A friend of mine told me today that the low and reverse bands are the same and hardware wise if I have reverse 1st and Im assuming 2nd should be mechanically sound? I dont know if there's any truth to this but $2700 (Extra $700 thrown in to add a lsd) quoted by a local shop for uninstall, rebuild, and reinstall kinda hurts. Whats even worse is im a student here at the local technical college for automotive technology, so i shoud be able to do this myself, however, I havnt had automatic transmissions yet, and I dont have alot of tools to work with. (Class dosnt resume till mid august, and Ill need a car by then as its my one and only dd) Any help would be greatly appeciated if anyone has any input on this. If you respond please read previous posts if not caught up on the situation as I have pulled codes and posted said results previously. Thanks again for reading and god bless cadillacs

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

Wait, why the LSD? I wouldn't recommend a LSD on a car with traction control like this. What's going to happen is you're going to floor it then traction control will engage the front brakes to keep the tires from slipping and the LSD will divert the power to the wheel with more brake friction and it will be fighting the brakes the whole way. That's a good way to find weak points in the tranny. Every time you gun it you will probably end up with problems.

I would just go with a rebuild and leave it at that.

Mine dosnt have traction control. At least Im fairly sure it dosnt. Its a cadillac "courtesy" car so im assuming its as base as base model gets.

Krashed989 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC

I thought every N* caddy had traction control.... I may be wrong. When you go into diagnostics mode does it display "NO TCS CODES"? If it does, it has traction control.

alaskabobb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 STS

Hi, I have a tranny with 15K miles for sale out of a 97 Eldorado, and an engine with 40K on it. Pulled for my 99 sts but the mounting holes are different. so they are for sale. Paid $2500 for the whole car (wrecked). If your interested. I'm in Michigan. 616-633-7050 Bob

Yep its does say no traction control codes so i guess it does.

STSS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '03 STS 122K, '01 STS 161K - 3/3/11

Passed right over troll.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.