STSi? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, STSi? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; kdseville, Pop a Corona, fold your arms and stand 20 feet in front of your car. Consider your post about ...
    Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: STSi?

kdseville, Pop a Corona, fold your arms and stand 20 feet in front of your car. Consider your post about converting to a RWD package. Observe and think hard.

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

You'd be better off putting another motor and transaxle in the back like the old Hurst "Hairy Olds".
    http://hursthairyolds.com/1966.aspx
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Good stuff Koz.

I like this shot, all I could think of as she was looking at the shifter...

"Oh my, that is one large "shaft"

What a large ****ing low quality picture, lol.

That would be one unique car, no one would have one like it and there might be a reason for it.

If you like the body style why not start with a RWD STS. Converting that car to a Stick and LS motor would be much easier.

LS7... Cool motor but not worth the money. You could build up a Stroked and sleeved C5R for probably about the same amount of $$ and have a better motor.

Maybe they will teach you all of this in your automotive course in college, maybe not.

Good luck in what ever you do!

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Yeah using a RWD STS would be much easier than converting one of these FWD cars.

NHRATA01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '12 Regal GS, '01 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_Rob View Post
    That would be one unique car, no one would have one like it and there might be a reason for it.

If you like the body style why not start with a RWD STS. Converting that car to a Stick and LS motor would be much easier.

LS7... Cool motor but not worth the money. You could build up a Stroked and sleeved C5R for probably about the same amount of $$ and have a better motor.
    Nah, C5R bare block alone is 7 grand, about $500 more than a 440 cid LS7 shortblock from Scoggins-Dickey. Then throw in the C5R heads for another 3-4, and the money to fab up an intake since nothing off the shelf will fit.

But still, an incredible waste of time and money to do an LS7/T56/RWD conversion to an STS/SLS chasis. A guy like Leno could pull it off for alot of $$$, similar to what he did with that old Toronado (though at least even that car was body-on-frame, chopping up a unibody STS for a RWD swap will be nowhere near as straightforward).

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Quote Originally Posted by NHRATA01 View Post
    A guy like Leno could pull it off for alot of $$$, similar to what he did with that old Toronado (though at least even that car was body-on-frame, chopping up a unibody STS for a RWD swap will be nowhere near as straightforward).
    Exactly, but Leno is a millionare and has more pull and recognition in the industry than almost anyone else. If he wants something done, somebody will do it, cost and complexity be damned.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

tman2093 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 White Diamond STS with Sirius, 2001 Silverado

If you want to get crafty with the Seville, you might consider instead going the Mosler twinstar route.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...specialty_file

kdsevillle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Seville SLS (STSi), 04 Z06 LeMans edition

Florian, You must not understand the word "Project car" do you? It's gonna be hard as hell to pull of but it has already been done so it's not impossible. A 572 Big block chevy was thrown into a Deville and converted to rear wheel drive. You might not like the idea but Im really unique. That's why I had the STSi decals custom made for my car so I have the most unique Caddy in the US right now. How too make it more unique??? LS7!!!! And that is the BEST MOTOR!!!!! The LS7 motor (all LS series) are the best, most power full V8's out there for the price. It cost roughly 8k for an LS6 crate, figure another 5 years of me saving up and finishing school the LS7 will cost around that or less.

Dude, if your gonna put me down, call me a tard, and make fun off me cause you dont like what I'm doing then dont even post on this thread man. I know it's strange to do but answer this.....what would you say if you saw a 600+ hp LS7 Caddy SLS on the road????? That's what I'm going for.

Thanls to all that support and think this is crazy cuz YES!!!!! It is crazy!!!!! hahahahaha

Happy MLK everyone!!!!!

SPreston2001 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2000 Polo Green Metallic Cadillac STS 60K

Lol yeah kdsevillle you will definetely have your hands full with that project! Kudos for having the balls to attempt it! Happy MLK.

MM STS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '00 STS Crimson Pearl/Blk, 18" STS wheels,Strut Tower Brace

Talk about hijacking a thread. This was supposed to be about GM letting go of one of there STSi cars. If you want to talk about your pipe dream you can always start your own thread and not muck up one that is already running. How about a little courtesy for the original objective.

Quote Originally Posted by kdsevillle View Post
    Florian, You must not understand the word "Project car" do you? It's gonna be hard as hell to pull of but it has already been done so it's not impossible. A 572 Big block chevy was thrown into a Deville and converted to rear wheel drive. You might not like the idea but Im really unique. That's why I had the STSi decals custom made for my car so I have the most unique Caddy in the US right now. How too make it more unique??? LS7!!!! And that is the BEST MOTOR!!!!! The LS7 motor (all LS series) are the best, most power full V8's out there for the price. It cost roughly 8k for an LS6 crate, figure another 5 years of me saving up and finishing school the LS7 will cost around that or less.

Dude, if your gonna put me down, call me a tard, and make fun off me cause you dont like what I'm doing then dont even post on this thread man. I know it's strange to do but answer this.....what would you say if you saw a 600+ hp LS7 Caddy SLS on the road????? That's what I'm going for.

Thanls to all that support and think this is crazy cuz YES!!!!! It is crazy!!!!! hahahahaha

Happy MLK everyone!!!!!

Necrosan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by kdsevillle View Post
    You might not like the idea but Im really unique. That's why I had the STSi decals custom made for my car so I have the most unique Caddy in the US right now.
    I think you used "unique" when you really meant to use "ricer."

I personally think those decals look straight gay on anything but the original car. Your car though; I wouldn't be caught dead riding in it.

Most unique...

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor

I'm sure your Caddy is the most unique in the country...

1976 Caddy, the intention of this car was to compete with the Sports Sedan's coming from the Krauts at the time, using an American Luxo-Barge from 1976. They totally nailed the look with the blacked out Grille and bumpers. The car gets moving with the help of a 454 LS6 making about 430 h.p. The car also sports a lowered suspension and custom three piece Gotti Wheels.

Now this is a Seville that gives me some Wood!

From Joe MacPherson's collection in Tustin Ca.

Stickers and a fart can don't make your ride unique, just Hoopty.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.