STSi? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, STSi? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; but if you give it that extra 25 HP or more than it will meet or exceed that. ryannel2003 - ...
    kdsevillle is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Seville SLS (STSi), 04 Z06 LeMans edition

Re: STSi?

but if you give it that extra 25 HP or more than it will meet or exceed that.

ryannel2003 - Who said anything about our car's being race cars??? My other ride is an 04 Z06 so I know our cars are NO WHERE NEAR race performance. I just wanna compete with Audi and BMW.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

The unfortunate thing about these cars is they are heavy pigs. The only BMW and Audi we can beat is the 6 cylinders. The V8's in the others are much faster due to the 200-300lb weight difference and the fact that Seville is FWD. A BMW 540i does 0-60 in 5.5 seconds, a Lexus GS400 is 6.0 (GS430 5.7) so there is no way our cars can possibly beat these, and that is especially true in the corners. The FWD limits many other things beyond handling.

If a 540i ever pulls up next to me, I'm not going to embarrass myself. However, if a 528i or 530i, well...

Ur7x is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 STS

Quote Originally Posted by kdsevillle View Post
    but if you give it that extra 25 HP or more than it will meet or exceed that.
    Ah yes... If you give it the 25HP now its a tie.

But keep in mind anything that you can do to your car will have an equivalent (or even better) benefit to the VIN 9. The SLS motor it built and has its cams set up to make more bottom end torque. if your goal is horsepower you started with the wrong model.

The best car to start with will be a VIN 9 W/Z rated car.. these have prove over and over to have the best tune and produce the best numbers... Do a Cat "delete" and Corsa system on one of those and now you are talking!

I chose the SLS because it had just about every option, good miles, and it was 7,000. I didn't know the difference between the SLS and STS at the time. But I'm making my SLS last until I get out of college and then that's gonna be my project car. Im doing so major work on it that is gonna cost about 20k at least. but when it's done it'll be able to run with Porshe, Corvette, Aston Martin, and all them turbo blenders.

It's a huge project so it's gonna take AWHILE to complete but Im going to Automotive College to learn how to do it and more.

2000 Cadillac Seville SLS with an engine swap (7.0 LS7 V8), Z06 T56 6spd Manual gearbox, Heavy duty Ford rear ends to convert to RWD, Upgrade to Magnaride, Dual Piston Calipers, Steel re-enforce sway bars, and many many many more.

Like I said it'll be a long time so please dont say rag on me saying it cant be done cause anything can be done if you have the $$$ for it.

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

i would of bought that car...

Necrosan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Eldorado Touring Coupe

Why the hell would you go with a "heavy duty ford rear end"?
    You must be drunk.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

^lolz

STSj90 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 95 STS N* TOTALED

KDSEVILLE, If you want to race all you have to do is ask. We can meet up at a 1/4mile track somwhere. The STS is ready...

all i have is exhaust.

Just meet me half way.

Back to topic:
    Id buy the STSi for that price. To bad you cant drive the STSi on the road tho. Id be very happy to swap the stuff to another street legal car. Thats what cars were made for, ''driving''.

was already sold wasnt it?

MM STS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '00 STS Crimson Pearl/Blk, 18" STS wheels,Strut Tower Brace

Quote Originally Posted by CadillacSTS2003 View Post
    was already sold wasnt it?
    Ya I would have posted prior to sale if I could have. I was real surprised it went for no more. I know there would have been some interest from those here.

truth
    wonder who bought it and why they got it...

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

An LS7 SLS sounds most interesting.. Love to see that completed...
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

tman2093 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1999 White Diamond STS with Sirius, 2001 Silverado

If only a forum member would have bought it. replicate the parts.......

Sure Ill race ya STSj90!!! hahaha it'll be fun!!!

lemme make sure I dont hve a Blown HG first. Had it tested and pep boys said I did but i've had bad expirence with them and they told me that there were some things wrong with my car and needed to get them fixed.....turns out they we"re fine. Beside's, my car runs freakin great! It get a little hott when I rod her out but I hve a cracked radiator so that explains that.

(back to topic)
    I would hve bought that STSi for sure! Just take all the parts from that and stick it on my SLS and BAM!!!

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

Quote Originally Posted by kdsevillle View Post
    I chose the SLS because it had just about every option, good miles, and it was 7,000. I didn't know the difference between the SLS and STS at the time. But I'm making my SLS last until I get out of college and then that's gonna be my project car. Im doing so major work on it that is gonna cost about 20k at least. but when it's done it'll be able to run with Porshe, Corvette, Aston Martin, and all them turbo blenders.

It's a huge project so it's gonna take AWHILE to complete but Im going to Automotive College to learn how to do it and more.

2000 Cadillac Seville SLS with an engine swap (7.0 LS7 V8), Z06 T56 6spd Manual gearbox, Heavy duty Ford rear ends to convert to RWD, Upgrade to Magnaride, Dual Piston Calipers, Steel re-enforce sway bars, and many many many more.

Like I said it'll be a long time so please dont say rag on me saying it cant be done cause anything can be done if you have the $$$ for it.
    Dude, you forgot the

You chose the absolute WORST platform for your supposed project...do you even know what goes into it...apparantly not as 'youre going to automotive college' to figure it out. You know what a crate LS7 goes for? more than your car is worth....and as for the tranny....hoo hah, good luck with that. there isnt even a tranny tunnel in the FWD STS....that interior is gonna be sweet to strip out completely whlie you weld a tunnel into it....fun stuff. Oh, and that 50K youre about to shell out for parts/time, etc...why not just keep it in your dads bank account and spare him the agony of your automotive aspirations.
    This ranks high on the 'tard scale....enjoy your standing!

F

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.