Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Newbie w/ 1994 Touring Coupe w/ Suspension Codes S036, 44, 60, 73

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  1994ETC 
#1 ·
Although years ago I had mid 1970's Eldorados, Coupe DeVilles, and an '85 Eldo, I am new to this website.

I am a new owner of a 1994 Eldorado Touring Coupe with 90,500 miles on it. I bought the car on Sunday, and with the information learned from this site, was able to resolve the P036 and P041 codes by purchasing used parts from a salvage yard.

Now I am having a hard time figuring out the components or location of the components for the following suspension codes:
S036 Compressor short or ground
S044 Lift or Dive signal fault
S066 Left Rear Positon sensor
S073 Right Rear Accelerometer fault

I am lucky enough to have 3 salvage yards nearby that have about a dozen Eldorados & Sevilles (total) from 1992 - 1997. My next question is that if any of these vehicles have the FE3 suspension, would the components be the same?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I will also close the loop on this thread and post what I have found and how it worked out.

Regards, Ed

See less See more
#2 ·
If they have the same RPO code for the suspension the parts should interchange. The compressor for the level ride was under the hood on my 1990 CDV but in later years (don't know when) it moved to over the right rear wheel. Congratulations on your purchase, consider a factory service manual if you want to do work yourself. Much more simpler with FSM.

#3 ·
Thanks ChubbyRanger. Well, I guess I am going to close out this thread! I didn't realize until this evening that I should clear the RSS codes, and then check for the suspension codes. It seems that these problems were repaired several years ago by the Cadillac dealer (I was looking over all the receipts that came with the car this afternoon). I guess it is possible that the dealer never cleared the codes. After clearing the codes, I drove the car about 20 miles on both neighborhood streets and an interstate, brought it back home and now there are no longer any RSS codes. I wish every issue was this easy to resolve!

Regards, Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.