ok yall..help me here!1995 cadi seville
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, ok yall..help me here!1995 cadi seville in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; ok yall please help me..i bought a 1995 cadi. seville on Jan-2-o3 it had 1,000 miles on it and i ...
    little tx is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Angry ok yall..help me here!1995 cadi seville

ok yall please help me..i bought a 1995 cadi. seville on Jan-2-o3 it had 1,000 miles on it and i just found out last month that it has the seal leak, cost 2,000 to repair it. It drive and runs like a champ. Of course it has no warenty on it cause of the milege. i can drive it 2,000 miles before the oil reads add. I dont know what 2 do, give it back or just save the money to fix it? Is the cars worth this much money? anyone else have this problem? is this common in these cars? any info would help please! its the seal were you haft to take out the northstar motor!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    How many miles does it have on it? If it runs good and isn't using an excessive amount of oil, Drive it till it drops.Is it worth it to you to fix it? Can you do the job yourself? ( For that you'd need to be a pretty capable mechanic ) Can you sell it as is without taking it in the shorts?
    It's a fairly common problem in these engines and MANY people just drive them forever with the issue. I have assisted in this repair once and it can be done yourself with proper tools and ability. You've got to realize though.....It's a BIG job!

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
    Just drive it and save money as you can. Eventually, you'll have the cash to get the repairs done and you'll have a great car with this problem already taken care of. How often are you having to add oil? I know you said 2000 miles but how long in time is that? If it's once per month, that's not so bad... Like I mentioned, I'd be okay with it but I'd save money as best as I could to get it fixed eventually...

cobrayankee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V
    What caught my attention was this remark "give it back". You're saying you can just give the car back to whoever sold it to you??

Originally posted by cobrayankee
    What caught my attention was this remark "give it back". You're saying you can just give the car back to whoever sold it to you??
    Sure! Ya just clamp their fingertips in a vice and whack their knuckles one at a time with a ball peen hammer....They'll give you your money back pretty quick! ( Usually takes about three knuckles )

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Originally posted by kcnewell
    Sure! Ya just clamp their fingertips in a vice and whack their knuckles one at a time with a ball peen hammer....They'll give you your money back pretty quick! ( Usually takes about three knuckles )
    There, ya see KC, there's a reason I'm so scared of Bikers, but they are great to have for friends!

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    little tx:
    Using a quart in 2000 miles actually pretty GOOD for that car! Most people claim to get approx. 1Qt/1000 miles so "if" you really have an oil leak, it is probably minor. I'd probably forget about it for now.

Originally posted by Ralph
    There, ya see KC, there's a reason I'm so scared of Bikers, but they are great to have for friends!

Who told you we were friends?

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    He never said YOU were friends, but rather that he may have biker friends......... I wouldnt be a biker in Canada...... To cold...

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    They have some nice roads though. I spent many miles flying down some Canadian roads on my bikes.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    Yeah, I've put a few thousand kilometers on mine and it uses around a litre in 2 thousand kms. All my cars have done this and I consider it quite normal.

KC, you should feel privilaged to have a Canuck as a friend because I can make you Yanks realize how silly things are north of the border, and how lucky you actually are. (mind you get out of Liberal surfer-land).

Kat, which part of Canuckville were you on. Our roads used to be good but in my Province I will need a 4 by 4 soon!

Originally posted by elwesso
    I wouldnt be a biker in Canada......

Or anywhere else for that matter!

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    Very true!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.