Newbie with issues - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Newbie with issues in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; hyperboimmv....The programmed accessories "always on" is a darn good catch. Suppose someone had wired ???something??? into one of the programmed ...
    Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Newbie with issues

hyperboimmv....The programmed accessories "always on" is a darn good catch. Suppose someone had wired ???something??? into one of the programmed circuits which drew, say, an amp or two: your battery would be dead as a doornail in 36 hours.

The RAP problem was a relay not dropping out, and I can only guess that the circuit before the relay had been somehow compromised with some outside voltage: even an energized ground wire has 12V all the way to the frame bolt.

BIGHOMIE is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Want Issues To Go Away!!!!!!!

Ok guys, my car is going to drive me straight to the grave. I had the battery replaced with a new one due to selling me an incorrect one. Put it on, started up fine. Check diagnostic codes - came back clear with no storage codes. Had the alternator check also at the time, came back fine (keep in mind it was a autoparts store and not a real diagnostic mechanic shop or dealer)

Leaving the house 15 min after battery installation, car wouldnt start but managed to turn on. 5 minutes on driving, the car started to overheat and getting closer to the red line - pulled over a let cool off with some smoke coming out of the hood. i couldnt see much but sat it for 30 mins and drove it back home.

I suspect a waterpump failure or a stuck thermostat. I am having a certified cadillac mechanic check my car out tomorrow. He worked for cadillac for 20 plus so hopefully he can check what causing my car to die and overheat .

chubbyranger is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 99 Seville STS, 08 STS4 N* 1SG F55

Overheating could be anything from a broken water pump belt to headgaskets - only proper diagnosis will find the answer. Also, call a dealer with your VIN nd ask the to check and see if the alternator recall was done on your car. All 99 Seville alternators were recalled.

Update - As mentioned before, i had the car checked by a mechanic and he did his routing troubleshooting inspection and he found that the car did not have a thermostat - so he put a new one in and left the car running for 45 min to an hour. The waterpump check out, the electric fans checked out but there was low coolant so he did the proper flush/fill. The car did not overheat and stayed at TDC. I am skeptical and dumbfounded on why there wasnt a thermostat in place but who knows... The car stated everyday so the electrical drain has mysteriously disappeared since i put in the second correct battery in.

I hope everything checks out fine since i have been bitten by the custom bug and want to add some exterior touches to the car to make it look nice ie: rims, smoke tails and window tint etc...i cant leave the car unmolestested - i just cant. Will be posting pics very soon ....

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

heres the list of what you should do
    1 Strut Tower Brace its like 40 bucks shipped and makes the car oh so much fun in the twisties
    2 Corsa Stainless Cat Back
    3 E&G Classic Billet Grille
    4 Factory Navigation Upgrade

if your looking for ideas here you go
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/CadillacETC

CadillacSTS2003 - thanks for the quick list on aftermarket parts. There is a used car sale lot with a 00 STS with the E&G billet grille that has a blown engine. I might be stopping by in hopes of trading my stock grille + cash since it's been there for like 6 + months and it aint going nowhere but collecting dust.

Wheels in mind are 18" 08 DTS wheels, if not the 17" STS wheels. I am rolling on 16" factory chromies but I keep them CLEAN THOUGH!

I just hope no more issues start popping up and i will definately be checking up on the vitals and codes.....

Ac Compressor went out this weekend when i went grocery shopping. It decrease on the air fan (on max) and it wont blow cold air during hot peak hours of the day. Went to a AC shop and they put a bottle of free-on but it didnt help, they told me I was max full of it so they said the Ac comp was bad. Guy looked where it was mounted, advice me to take it to the dealer. AC is a definately a must with the TEXAS INFERNO Heat - need advice guys. Should i buy a AC compressor only? Can i buy a used one from a 98-03 Seville and would it work? I am on a budget now and my rims fund is going to get a bitten a big chunk since two shop told me it was going to be costly ...

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)

Used compressor is a crap shoot. How lucky do you feel? Start by pulling the codes. It may simply be a sensor.

Will do Ranger - I really do hope its a sensor or something relatively small. There's a Auto Ac shop whom i called that is willing to do a thorough check which includes a re-flush and vacumm test for a 75 bucks.

I'm pulling the codes for the Dignostic Center tonight but the only code i have gotten so far is p1660 ignition fan control from the SEL light...

Decisions, Decisions....

Update Yall

Well it's been quite some time from the last time i posted. Finally had a new starter put in (me and bro knocked it out ourselvesand saved $150) a new ac compressor & electric fans installed and had the coolant flushed out.

I have grown a love-hate relationship with the seville but I still enjoyed her since she has been the only that has given so much hassle
    I scored a set of chrome Eldorado 16" rims for $50 set at the local pick and pull (1/2 off Valentine special) and put vogue tyres to finish off the look.

I am thinking of putting her up to sale I have the car in pristine condition and i really cant afford to put any more money into her if something else goes wrong. The paint job is 8.5 out of 10 (clay bar her will be a 9!) and is overall spotless and beyond healthy in motor/tranny dept.

Guys, please shime in if I should keep her or let her go - I will post pic for yall to enjoy

dreagus001 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

where can you order that strut tower brace from?

gmpartsdirect.com under front suspension

Thanks!

hey i didnt see it for my car on that website, anywhere else i can look? thanks

ibdjakeson2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V, 2004 Escalade AWD Std

CadillacSTS2003, I think I have what you are looking for.
    Is it this (see below)? If so, I have one in my garage still in the bubblewrap collecting dust. I bought both R and L lens's about 2 mos ago and it came with the third lens that I did not need.

Lemme know and I'm sure we can work something out.

Wow, BIGHOMIE, you've had quite the go of it with your ride...I hope things get better for you.

Slay
    Attached Images

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.