'Old School' Acquisition: 1980 Eldorado Biarritz
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 'Old School' Acquisition: 1980 Eldorado Biarritz in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Hi, everyone. I haven't spent much time in this part of the forum since I sold my old 1996 Eldorado. ...
    COBlackZ06 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1993 Fleetwood Brougham, 2007 Escalade EXT

'Old School' Acquisition: 1980 Eldorado Biarritz

Hi, everyone. I haven't spent much time in this part of the forum since I sold my old 1996 Eldorado. But I'm back in Eldorado Ownership Club now. Yesterday, I purchased a 1980 Eldorado Biarritz. 54,000 miles on the car.

It has the stainless steel roof and a moonroof, and it's in pretty nice condition. The interior, in particular, is spotless. White leather with those tufted leather seats that's perfect- not even apparent signs of wear, completely tear free. The carpeting, dash and seatbelts are red.

Here's a few pics I snapped of the Eldorado last Thursday evening- I was running out of daylight, so there's just enough to whet the appetite. I'd go out and take some more today with a more appropriate background, but it's snowing like crazy right now.

If you spotted in the first two pictures that the hood didn't look closed, you're right. I popped the hood just before I took these pics so I could get a look at the engine (5.7L 350)

Once the weather turns nicer later this week, I'll get some more pics, including some interior shots.

Like I said, it's in great shape with only a few minor issues. The power antenna isn't working; there's a cracked bit of body-work where the front bumper attaches right next to the driver's side headlight; and the paint is starting to look a little dulled so I'm going to see if I can do a clay bar treatment on it to see if that revives the look a bit. (Anyone know when they started using clear coat on paint finishes, by the way?)

But mechanically, it's perfectly sound, and oh yes, it does have that smooth floaty feel when you drive it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '14 Honda Accord LX

Re: 'Old School' Acquisition: 1980 Eldorado Biarritz

Awesome car! The 79-85 Eldorado is one of Cadillac's all time best designs in my opinion. The proportions are just right.

EDIT: I see you've got a 4.9L DTS. Do you have any pics of that?
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Ranger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): White Diamond '03 DHS (with floor shift)

The DTS didn't come out till 2000 and they had (have) 4.6L Northstars.

I shortened it, '92 Deville Touring Sedan.

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    EDIT: I see you've got a 4.9L DTS. Do you have any pics of that?
    Thanks for the compliments on the Biarritz. And, yes I can provide you with pics of the '92! In fact, I think you've seen it. I bought the '92 Touring Sedan last summer.

Scroll down to post #38 in THIS THREAD.

Loveldos is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillacs: '13 CTS Cpe, '01 SLS, '71 Eldo Conv

The car looks great! Gotta love those White Leather Seats with the complimentary trim--and the Biarritz's had the ultra-plush carpeting! It will look even better shined up, and with a wider white sidewall (such as the Broadway Classics by Goodyear). Also, the rear ride height looks "high," but otherwise, this is a true classic! Of the '79 to '85 Eldorado series, the 1980 was the most collectible year, as it had the best powertrain, in my opinion. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Loveldos View Post
    The car looks great! Gotta love those White Leather Seats with the complimentary trim--and the Biarritz's had the ultra-plush carpeting! It will look even better shined up, and with a wider white sidewall (such as the Broadway Classics by Goodyear). Also, the rear ride height looks "high," but otherwise, this is a true classic! Of the '79 to '85 Eldorado series, the 1980 was the most collectible year, as it had the best powertrain, in my opinion. Good luck!
    Hmm, you may be right about the rear ride height. What height should it be at? The car is coming with a system that can adjust the rear suspension height, and the person who sold it to me had simply adjusted it to its max position.

I agree with you about the 1980 as the most collectible year. I was disappointed it didnt have the 368 ci engine, but most of the reports I've heard on the 350 have seemed pretty positive.

Thanks for the compliments, though! I don't want to jinx it, but if the issues I described above are biggest issues I have, then I consider myself pretty fortunate.

-Patrick

Dadillac is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

Beautiful car. I wish you much luck with it. The '79 thru '85 Eldo's, Toronado's, and Riviera's have always been a favorite of mine. I just love the lines. I really love the two tone interiors of the Eldorado's. But my favorite interior of the three cars is the Riviera. They have the most comfortable seats. The only bad part of these cars are the weak ass engines. But since you have the 350, you can overcome if you wish.

Don

You have the coolest FWD Cadillacs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadillac View Post
    Beautiful car. I wish you much luck with it. The '79 thru '85 Eldo's, Toronado's, and Riviera's have always been a favorite of mine. I just love the lines. I really love the two tone interiors of the Eldorado's. But my favorite interior of the three cars is the Riviera. They have the most comfortable seats. The only bad part of these cars are the weak ass engines. But since you have the 350, you can overcome if you wish.

Don
    Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    You have the coolest FWD Cadillacs.
    Thanks, guys! I appreciate the compliments. I'm already loving the way this car rides. Like I said earlier, once I get a nice weather day, I'll snap some additional pics (including the interior) and post them here.

-Patrick

nycnftm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1983 Eldorado

May we ask what you paid for it?

Quote Originally Posted by nycnftm View Post
    May we ask what you paid for it?
    $3,000. I'm sure some will say I overpaid, but I view it on sentimental value. I dated a girl in High School whose dad had an early 80's Eldorado. She would occasionally get the keys, and I have some fond memories of the, ah, back seat.

nycnftm is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1983 Eldorado

So now when you kid takes it out for a 'spin'.... :-)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.