Suddenly Won't start, no Spark, 1985 Eldorado - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, Suddenly Won't start, no Spark, 1985 Eldorado in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; No pulse from the ignintion system = no injector pulse from the ECM. I suspect a bad IC module. Common ...
    Logandiagnostic is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS, 2005 Mustang GT, 2010 MINI S

Re: Suddenly Won't start, no Spark, 1985 Eldorado

No pulse from the ignintion system = no injector pulse from the ECM.

I suspect a bad IC module. Common GM problem of that era..

Logan Diagnostic LLC
    www.ledfix.com
    www.airbagcrash.com
    www.logandieselusa.com

jhcatlin is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

ok - taking car back to my house via tow truck. Gonna replace IC module and pickup coil, hopefully that will fix her - I'll keep y'all posted for future readers

busayman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1984 Coupe DeVille HT4100

Just bought a 1984 Coupe deville ht4100. She turns over but I get no gas. she was parked for over a year with 1/2 tank fuel. I dropped some sea foam in the tank, sprayed some starting fluid in the carb. she starts with the starting fluid but then stalls when I stop spraying... when I have my son push the accel pedal with ignition on no gas comes up into the carb. changed the fuel filter, checked the fuses and now I am stumped. Just bought a fuel pump but don't want to put it in if it's going to be a waste of time (i.e not the problem). Please advise.

carnut is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1988 Allante' (sold), 1984 Eldorado, 84 Sedan DeVille

You posted onto a 5 year old thread??? You have no carb. You have a throttle body. While this car cranks over, there should be 2 distinct sprays of fuel coming from the injectors within the throttle body. Touching, pressing on the "accel pedal" has no effect. Its an air pedal! the driver presses on the pedal to admit more air to the engine, the computer then matches that air with the proper amount of fuel. Have someone listen at the fuel filler neck for a buzzing fuel pump when you turn the key to the RUN position. It should buzz for like 10 seconds then quit. The fuel pump is wired thru the oil pressure sender above the oil filter. If that harness is disconnected or damaged, no voltage will go to the pump in the tank. Did you test the fuses with the key on and use a voltmeter or a test light?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.