What's so great about the perforated seats?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, What's so great about the perforated seats? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; I brought home two catalogs last night. Seville and DeVille.. I noticed the leather seats in the Seville catalog are ...
    BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!

Question What's so great about the perforated seats?

I brought home two catalogs last night. Seville and DeVille.. I noticed the leather seats in the Seville catalog are perforated and tight. Does the SLS have these same seats? Or do they get the more plush-looking rippled leather? I also noticed on the doors, the same treatment goes.. I'd rather have the softer-looking, more plush seats.

Is this something I could probably trade with somebody for? I mean.. Are the perforated seats something special? They just seem harder to clean and keep clean to me...
    If this site has helped you save money, please consider helping it continue to do so. Click here for information!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    The perforated seats are supposed to provide better breathablity. Supposedly, they should help your legs not get stuck to the seat during the summer. I dont know how well they work, but thats the theory. As for the doors, same thing i guess, but it would look kind of stupid to have perforated seats and not have the same door leather.

Anyway, the SLS gets the regular seats (as far as i know).

You're right.. I do like the looks of the regular seats better though.. I suppose I'll have to trade somebody when I get them..

Also, i think the perforated seats are harder, and therefore not as comfortable. I still dont think there is a more comfortable car in the world than my fleetwood. With those seats, you just sink right in, flip on the heaters and lumbar, and its nappy time. You will never hear the engine unless you really punch it, then you get the beautiful song of that V8 lt1

The LT1 is a seriously modify-able engine! What's better than luxury, comfort and performance?

So.. Does anyone else have any input on these seats? ARE the perforated seats really harder than the non-perforated? I want soft seats, damnit! I think I'll have to trade my leather seats and the leather on the side doors...

Maximln is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 STS V8, 1SF, Tusc Lthr, Adptv Cruise, 18" Chrm Whls
    Elsesso--What do you mean "harder?" I think the perforated leather seats are just as comfortable as the non perforated ones. They tend to give the car a more sporty look and the door inserts are perforated just to match the seat. The door inserts in the SLS have an embossed pattern that is supposed to give them more of a "luxurious" look.

Max

I like the luxurious look but I want the faster car. So, that's why I'll be going for the STS. But, I want a plush interior.. So, I'll end up trading somebody... Let's hear more about this comparison - perforated and non-perforated...

the Sandman is offline ...Reloaded
    Automobile(s): '05 XLR

I guess its like comparing apples and oranges. I was comparing them to the seats in my fleetwood, and there is no comparision in my book. The perforated seats are comfortable, more comfortable than most, but personally i like the origional style. They seem to offer better support. I have perforated seats in my GTP, and they are pretty hard. When i get out of the seats, i like to be able to see my "groove". That is just my opinion. I also think that the regular style gives fairly good breathability, because of the seams. They also seem a little more plush.

The perforated seats are nice, but personally I like the other ones better.

Devil_concours is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    haha you're comparing gtp seats to cadillac that's like comparing a plum to a watermelon (forget the apples and oranges). GTP was meant to be more sporty so they put in a better supporting seats instead of more comfortable seats. As for the perforated seats, i thought it was just as comfortable as the plush leather seats. I also appreciate the perforated seats more during the summer time

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
    I sell automotive leather interiors for a living. I just took a look at the Cadillac web site. The front seats seem to have the same dimensions on both. Which means they are likely supplied by the same supplier, so there should be no difference in comfort.

The Deville looks tight on the website, is this not true? If it has the 'gathered' look, then this can actually look dirtier in the long run because they tend to flatten into creases and show wear.

Gathers and perforations play no part in the comfort of the seat. Gathers just make people think plush and perforations make them think sport. It's the firmness of the seat foam that creates a firm or soft seat.

Hope that helps.

I realize i was basically comparing a 2x4 with a pillow. I am still a fan of the "old school" type. This may not be a proven fact, but the looser looking type seem to be less succeptable to tearing (because they have more room to expand, it kinda makes sense).
    Personally, i dont think that the perforated seats make THAT big a difference. I mean they help some, but your legs are still gonna stick to the seat after a long trip.

Although, put me in a caddy with either type and i wont complain!

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham
    Originally posted by elwesso
    This may not be a proven fact, but the looser looking type seem to be less succeptable to tearing (because they have more room to expand, it kinda makes sense).
    How much do you weigh that you require your seat cover to expand so that it won't rip? I'd worry more about the seat rails and the floor being reinforced!

I'm just playing with ya.

Dead Sled is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I wish I had more suportive seats in my car right now I have the built in reminder for when i don't put my seat belt on - with leather bench seat I end up on the other side of the car when i make a left turn. I hope to find something beter soon

Gathers! Wow. I didn't realize there was a name for that type of seat. I like the gather leather covers better...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.