What's so great about the perforated seats? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, What's so great about the perforated seats? in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; hey hot rod, just so you know, i am really skinny. I cant expand the seat cover enough to make ...
    elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    hey hot rod, just so you know, i am really skinny. I cant expand the seat cover enough to make it crease anyway. I was just saying that with some "other" people that may be a factor. Ive seen a lot of cars with tighter fitting covers and they seem to rip at the seams

kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I ain't Fat! And I ain't skinny. I'm just a large person. I was never able to quite get comfy in my 'Vette or my Van but My Caddy's just right! I have Diamond button pleated seats in my Seville and they're very nice. I very much like the gathered look and feel, Not a big fan of the perforated seats. I'ts probably lame but to my way of thinking it's like buying seats with holes in them and it seems like as they age they would have more of a tendancy to rip!

That was basically what i was saying in the 1st place!!! I dont think it is so much of the holes in them already but moreso the fact that it is so tight

Well You know? I just like softer seats! That's one of the MANY reasons I drive a Cadillac! After all.... I have a sensitive hiney....Fragile flower that I am! LOL!

BeelzeBob is offline I'm a Cadillac Fanatic!
    hehehehehe. I actually laughed out loud with that last statement.. hehe.. Well, the lovely perforated seats on my Vette are old, stale and ripped.. Damn hard leather seat covers.. One day I got in with my knee first.. heh...

Oh yeah, I can see it now! how big a hole appeared where your knee was?

Dead Sled is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    On the topic of seats I'd like to find some black leather buckets that are very suportive, with or without heat, prefer power, and have the Caddy sheild and wreath on them. What models should I be looking in?

Just so Elwesso doesn't look like an insane maniac - I split this topic into another thread and put it into the General Discussion forum. This thread went off-topic discussing movies - and that's what Wes' last comment was in reference to..

The hole in my seats is as big as my knee.. Sucks for me.. I'll need new leather seat covers now...

Suck. You may just put a sheepskin cover over it for now, or you could use DUCT TAPE. I am truly surprised that we havent referred to duct tape once in this forum. It is truly what holds this world together!

Mad'lac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
    Ah yes......Duct tape the redneck cure-all

redneck!!!!! I use duct tape all the time, and i am not a redneck. I believe it to be americas cure all. Hell, there are NASCAR people using duct tape on their cars if something is out of place (ive seen it).

Mad'lac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
    I didn't say you were a redneck, I said duct tape the redneck cure-all. As far as Nascar is concern.....not comments on them
    I'm more of a NHRA kinda guy and a SCCA guy.

p.s.
    I think this is going away from the seats again

Ok. I didnt think you would imply that i was a redneck (although in Indiana you can never be sure). Yes i believe that we got off topic again, but at least not as bad as before.

Sal, how did you get such a big hole in your seat? (or maybe how big is your knee )

BTW, they really arent "perforated" (that is what business reply mail cars are), but rather "holy". Thats just my view

Dead Sled is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I fixed the seats on my truck with duct tape before putting on a new seat cover

The hole in my seat is just the size of an average knee. It's not that huge or anything. It just... sucks...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.