Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Engine missfire affecting trany? 99 eldo

876 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Ranger 
#1 ·
It's a 1999 Eldorado with 102,000 miles on it. The engine started missfiring randomly under load, and fairly consistently, but lightly when idling. Sounds like plugs and wires need done, right? The shop should be taking care of that next week. However, I have another problem. The transmission will not downshift into first gear, it just starts out from second. I stoped the car, and manualy put it into first gear, and nothing happened. When steped on the gass, it just started out from second again. The rest of the time, the transmision shifts beautifully. Is the trany just defulting into second because of the missfires, or do I have some serous problems on my hands?

Any help would be great.

#2 ·
Sounds like your car would benefit greatly from plugs,wires, and a new fuel filter. The misfire could be affecting the tranny or it could just be some shift solenoids, easiest way to see whats going on with it is to pull codes from your info center. If you search the forum you can find out how to do it, very easy, and it will tell you alot about whats going on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.