Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Couple of Noises

827 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Cadillacboy 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, been away for most of the summer but back in school now. I've been hearing 3 noises for quite a while now and they've been bothering me so I was hoping to see if anyone knew where they were coming from.

1. Popping noise on some turns, mostly sharp turns. I've had the dealer look into this and they don't know where it's coming from. I also notice that when I make a slow turn you hear a sort of low creaking sound. The tie rods and ball joints are fine, I've heard that this might be an intermediate steering shaft.

2. Jingling noise on bumps. Simply put, I hear a jingling noise from under the car on bumps. I've had the entire suspension system checked twice and nobody has been able to diagnose the problem. It sounds like it's coming from the rear.

3. Humming noise sometimes at idle. I put in a new Delco battery back in May and I think that may be when the problem started. I notice this noise mostly when I'm idling at a red light or in traffic, it's quiet and then it'll "hum" and sort of fade out.

So there are my problems, not major, but enough to make me crazy.

Joe

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations, you've managed to compile a list of the three most impossible noises to diagnose ever!

1. Popping noises when turning are usually CV shaft related, groaning is usually ball-joints but you had all that checked.

2. Jingling could be the Santa costume your girlfriend left in the backseat.

3. "Humming" could be your girlfriend.

#5 ·
Good responses from all lol. Acutally 2 of the Cadillac dealers I do business with have told me that it's damn near impossible to diagnose these noises. CV shafts are fine too, had those checked with the ball joints and tie rods.

Joe, anal/meticulous Cadillac owner

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.