03 SLS Cabin Air Filter - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 03 SLS Cabin Air Filter in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Originally Posted by rodnok01;12327105. Also I think the systems are [I tuned for the resistance of a filter[/I], although a ...
    Submariner409 is online now If it won't run, slap in a big stereo
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: 03 SLS Cabin Air Filter

Quote Originally Posted by rodnok01;12327105. Also I think the systems are [I
    tuned for the resistance of a filter[/I], although a lot of people just leave them out.
    Tuned how ? I took mine out in 2006 and have had no - none, nada, problems since............ BUT the car is garaged and I drive mostly open highway and rural areas.

Closet Boy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 SLS

Re: 03 SLS Cabin Air Filter

I decided to install a filter after considering my present environmental conditions. In addition, I found a great eBay deal for a NOS AC Delco CF101, $12.95 (incl. shipping).

Today, after 2 attempts, I successfully installed the filter. As advised by others, I would strongly recommend removing the accelerator pedal and lubricating the frame top/bottoms of the filters. Also, as you slide the filter in, the lower frame may catch on the edge of the evap housing unit....if so, gently push up to get over the edge.

BTW, on my 1st attempt, I did temporarily lose a filter. I used an extendable mirror to see where it went. Found the filter stuck high above. Barely could touch the end tab with my middle finger. I was able to bring it down by applying super weatherstrip adhesive on tip of finger, and then gluing myself to tab, pulling it down. I was very fortunate to have been able to salvage the filter without any harm.

Thank you for everyone's info and advice. BTW, If anyone needs help with their CF install in the CLE area, let me know.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.