70 MPH Vibration
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, 70 MPH Vibration in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; Several guys I work with have 99-01 STS's that all have (had) 60-70 mph vibrations problems. The guy with the ...
    dave nygren is offline Cadillac Owners Member

70 MPH Vibration

Several guys I work with have 99-01 STS's that all have (had) 60-70 mph vibrations problems. The guy with the 01 has had the dealer work hard to resolve the problem with rotors, several sets of tires, and even control arm replacements. Most of the focus has been on the front end. The dealer even did the force balance and tire sorting thing with no improvement. I do most of the work myself on my '99 and I have been able to significantly improve the issue with ... it sounds wierd ... REAR rotor tuning. I call it tuning because the rotors are within spec, but making them closer to perfect seems to make the only difference. I also had to loosen the parking brake cable on mine which helped. The guy with the '00 just bought his so don't know how bad his is.

Bottom line: all three seem to have the same issue and I don't think it's tires. I think it's possibly the CVRSS system responce tuning up with brake rotor issues at the 60-70 mph speed and 'allowing' the bounce or resonation.

Any thoughts????

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    That's a first. Any issue like that I've ever heard of was resolved with the road-force balancing. If the vibration is at a "specific" speed as you say, if probably is a resonant vibration that could be almost anything moving at the time acting directly (or even indirectly) on another part of the car. It could even be the exhaust.

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    sounds like my problem

dave nygren is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Some more on a site that the '01 owner found on the problem ...

http://www.carsurvey.org/viewcomments_review_19040.html

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers
    sounds like im screwed, oh well, its not a big deal

Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    i had that at pone point...i'll let you know if i still have it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.