just bought a 2000 Eldorado
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Seville / Cadillac Eldorado Forum Discussion, just bought a 2000 Eldorado in Past Cadillac Vehicle Discussion; New to forum and want to ask a quick question. I just bought a used 2000 Eldorado ESC. I need ...
    steelerfan is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS

just bought a 2000 Eldorado

New to forum and want to ask a quick question. I just bought a used 2000 Eldorado ESC. I need to make decision today on purchase of extended warranty. Car has 48K miles and looks to have been well maintained. Looking for opinions on on need for extended warranty.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Allante North * is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 1993 Triple Black Allante
    Hello and welcome steelerfan,

I can't be much help to you on this issue, because I opted not to get on for my Cadillac. Mine is more or less a Garage Queen and the bucks for the EW were more than I wanted to pay for limited driving. If this is your daily driver and you put some miles on it I would be more inclined to get one. I just wanted to welcome you and give my 2 cents worth. I'm sure others will chime in.

I do believe that there is a thread on EW if you do a search for it to see whats been said.

Good Luck either way.

Astronomer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville STS
    I've owned a 2000 STS for about two months now. It had about 48K when I bought it and I tossed the idea of EW around...but what I found is that NONE of them would even tell you comprehensively what they covered. This made me very anxious and I decided against EW. Not many of the highly reguarded posters here will advocate for them. I've yet to hear any real good arguments for them. Take the $3K that it would take for extensive coverage and bank it for the eventual repairs that will be needed along the way IMO. Don't discount the fact that you can learn some of the basics yourself either here or on other forums and then plan for the worst and maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised.

STSFreak is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I think that you should just go for it. I can't really hurt anyhitng if you get it, right?

steelerfan is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    I think I will use the bank it idea. I have never in the past bought one so why start now. Now that I'm on the forum I'm sure that the information I want to learn will come. One more quick question though. The car has scracth on the chrome end piece on front bumper ( don't know what to call it). Do you go directly to Cadillac dealer to order parts or can you find them online.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.