Cadillac Owners Forum banner

I need some answers about.....

893 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  SliceOfLife 
#1 ·
1. Suspension
I had brakes put on my 00 STS last June and shortly after I got it back (last time I use that guy) the SSS message came across my dash. I asked him about it and he said the struts were probably going bad. Hard for me to imagine a 2 owner car with just over 60k on the clock needing struts. He also said the brake pad sensors were not hooked up when he did the brakes. I guess I didn't realize I had brake pad sensors back then but now I have the message "Check Brake Pads" coming across my dash. Has anyone encountered this before. Receiving a brake job then get a suspension code? Is this guy as stupid as I think he is? If the brake pad sensors wern't hooked up why am I getting this message? And why did it take 9 months to come on?

2. Electric Ride
Do all Cadillac's have this? Does mine? How do I tell? How do I tell if it is working? Could this be the suspension code? I do think the rear end sits a bit low and I didn't really notice it untill after my brake job which was before a 12 hour ride to S.C. with my family in the car. Could I have damaged it or maybe blown a fuse or module? How do I diagnose this? I was searching for answers in other post's but became frustrated, but did read about Cadillac's making starnge noises from under the dash and what not. On really cold mornings when I first start the car a strange noise comes from the drivers side under the dash kind of a rubbing sound, strange, and it does this 3-4-5 times then quits. Is this related to something?

3. BOSE
I love the bose system in my Cadillac. Much nicer than most custom stereos and tons better than the BOSE system I had in my 00 A4. Buuuuut I am now getting unwanted vibrations from the rear sub and the front door speakers. I've looked online but can't seem to find replacements. Where do you all shop? I can not go all summer with my stereo turned down.

Thanks for all help in advance.

See less See more
#2 ·
You really need to pull the wheels and check the brake pad wear sensors to see if they are worn and/or inplace.

not all Caddys have active suspension, but yours does. Pull the codes and see what is stored.

The sound you are hearing is the asperator fan. It draws in cabin air and passes it over a sensor so the HVAC system knows whether to heat or cool. Common problem in cold weather, but not serious.

#3 ·
I'll give you the current codes
c1246
c0620

The history showed
c1287
b1982
b1983
u1065
c0615
b1001
u1016

I looked the codes up on the internet but they really don't tell me much. Any ideas?

Any ideas about trouble shooting the ride or about replacement BOSE? I look on ebay from time to time but am leery of getting someone else's worn out speaker.

#4 ·
C1246 - Brake Lining Wear Circuit Open
Sensor worn, not replaced with pads or pads & sensor worn.

C0620 - Right Front Position Sensor Malfunction
Replace sensor. Likely cause od suspension message.

History
C1287 - Steering Sensor Rate Malfunction
C0615 - Left Front Position Sensor Malfunction
B1982 - Device Power Circuit High
B1983 - Device Power Circuit Low
B1001 - Option Configuration Error
U1016 - Loss of Communications with PCM
U1065 - Loss of Communications with IPM
Clear them and see if they return.

No ideas on the radio.

#5 ·
3. BOSE
I love the bose system in my Cadillac. Much nicer than most custom stereos and tons better than the BOSE system I had in my 00 A4. Buuuuut I am now getting unwanted vibrations from the rear sub and the front door speakers. I've looked online but can't seem to find replacements. Where do you all shop? I can not go all summer with my stereo turned down.

Thanks for all help in advance.

Now, I don't know about the front door spkrs, mine were ok, but the rear sub was buzzing very often, depending on the frequency I guess. Search around here. I found some info and links that helped me a lot. Then I took a look at the sub and found that a fabric of some sort--that I'd like to replace, if anybody has a source--that was stretched over the inside of the spkr cover/grill had become somewhat shredded. I removed the fabric and that ended the buzzing sound, logically enough. I think that fabric my be important to the way the spkr enclosure works, though, so I'm looking for a replacement...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.