Edmund's Inside Line Road Test 2007 Cadillac DTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Reviews Discussion, Edmund's Inside Line Road Test 2007 Cadillac DTS in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Edmund's Inside Line just published a full test of the 2007 Cadillac DTS . Considering their mostly negative reviews of ...
    gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Edmund's Inside Line Road Test 2007 Cadillac DTS

Edmund's Inside Line just published a full test of the 2007 Cadillac DTS. Considering their mostly negative reviews of GM cars in the past, this one is refreshingly positive.

Of course, they say the DTS is an throwback to old-style luxury, but at least they acknowledge "that not every luxury sedan needs to be sporty. And, God help us, we liked it."

"The DTS rides, well, it rides like a Cadillac. And we mean that in the way people used to use the term. The difference, at least for the DTS with its Magnetic-Ride automatically adjusting dampers, is a car that doesn't pitch and wallow like a dinghy in choppy water."

On the second opinions page, another reviewer wrote, "I know most people would consider a car like the Lexus LS long before the DTS, but I think the Cadillac has more character."

Worth reading.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

Re: Edmund's Inside Line Road Test 2007 Cadillac DTS

I agree with the review. Quiche tastes like crap.

Jesda is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): An endless stream of Sevilles.

All of this might not totally explain why we attempted to steer our loaded DTS with only one thumb and a forefinger on its large-diameter steering wheel.

It seemed somehow appropriate to roll easy down city streets with our upper body listing slightly to the right, our right elbow resting on the cushy center pad and our left thumb locked around the bottom-left steering wheel spoke.

We glided around town in this fashion for a week.

Not once did we feel the desire to turn the car quickly. Other than at the test track, we never applied the brakes in anything but a leisurely manner. And naturally we never bothered changing gears because the DTS has only a conventional automatic with no sequential-shift capability. Anyway, the transmission contains only four forward gears, half as many as the automatic in the new Lexus LS 460. So what would really be the point?

And, God help us, we liked it. How much of our enjoyment is based on the novelty of driving such a throwback is not immediately clear.

Just found this thread again.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

I've already decided my next Cadillac will be a DTS Luxury III w/ Nav. Don't know what that says about me, but I love 'em too.

eyekandyboats.inc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 DTS(140K), 2000 ETC(284K), 1990 allante( 80K)

well i recently got a 01 DTS and i have to say i love it more ten my ETC and V combined.
    except there doesn't seem to be as much power.

when its time for a new car the DTS preformance III will be what i am going for

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.