Cadillac Owners Forum banner

GM Cadillac attorney lies to win lemon law case

7K views 39 replies 13 participants last post by  Koooop 
#1 ·
This vehicle, a 2005 Cadillac Deville; DHS model has a heavy musty odor and heavy condensation along dash. Wipers have failed, radio and navigation have failed and dash lights have blinked on and off at night; specifically in the rain. Drivers seat has reclined by itself while driving. Vehicle has been to dealer for repeated repairs and condition still exists intermitently. Battery has gone dead 3 times. Vehicle is currently parked at my home in Jacksonville, Florida and I will not drive this unsafe and dangerous vehicle anymore as I fear it may cause an accident which will harm or kill others and myself. The GM attorney has written a response to me that I must drive this vehicle to Newark, NJ for my Lemon Law hearing on November 29, 2006. His remarks also state I have made modifications to this vehicle and I have not changed anything. In fact, the Cadillac dealer has changed the radio, the navigation unit, the battery, the a/c unit, the seat sensors, and the left turn signal. All this is documented. I purchased a defected product and the General Motors company is accusing me of causing the problems. This vehicle has serious electrial problems and the A/C system causes a microbial growth to occur and I may have been infected by a fungus because of it. I have not enjoyed this unsafe vehicle and it appears a GM attorney will prevail as I, a 100% service connected disabled veteran can not fight such a powerful company by myself. Attorneys I have contacted will not go up against GM as they too cannot win against such a giant. I request assistance with this matter and I want the public to know that their Cadillac is not safe. I've read that GM Cadillac is going to sell Cadillacs to the people of China and they need to know they are not buying a good vehicle they are buying is a problem, an unsafe and dangerous vehicle.

See less See more
#4 ·
I'm at $1,100!

#13 ·
I thought the moisture from the heavy A/C condensation could be the cause but don't know enough about this modern computer electrial stuff. I did come across a TSB that spoke about the MICROBIAL GROWTH that forms in the A/C system. Her's how this system tries to clear it up. After the car is turned off, the A/C blower turns on every ten minutes, blows the air out into the interior of the car for 10 secs for up to 2 hours. Sounds good but I tend to close my windows and lock my car after I use it. All these micro mold spores are simply spread on and into the interior and they actually breed more. The strong musty smell must be from the condensation on the outside of the dash and if I see the moisture there I can only believe that it is also quite heavy on the inside of the dash and dripping. Still trying to figure this out. The dealer has replaced the A/c unit - so they say and the condition remains bad. Even a little kid understands that moisture and electric do not work together yet the GM dealership states "works as design intent". Perhaps the early models didn't have these problems but as one GM mechanic told me, The 2005 DHS was put together with left over shelf parts going back to 2000. I may have been quite unfortunate to have purchased a end of a line model. Interesting to me is that a GM account executive told me the car may have electrial problems yet the GM attorney wrote I had modified the car and caused all my own problems. Thanks for your response. You may have it right. George

#14 ·
bcs296 you write: Did you buy this car new? Sounds like flood damage to me.

I can't stand it when people like you say ridiculous things like "Chinese people should never buy any Cadillacs because they will all go through what I am going through."

Bought his DHS out of a Delaware showroom, no flood damage. You say you stand it, well if your wife drove in my DHS as mine has on the interstate, going about 65 mph when traffic is all around you and you turn the left signal on and the driver seat begins reclining fully perhaps you'd understand. When the dash light and headlights turn off at night in atrun you may just understand instead on "I can't stand it". One of those you have to have been there to understand I guess. The fact that Americans, of which I am a 5th generation who has had a few Cadillacs before this one expresses that the new target market is being set up to purchase an old dream which many Americans will not but anymore is just a statement and opinion of mine. Interesting is the fact that I have apile of Cadillac dealership work orders that show this individual end of a series vehicle probably built with off the shelf parts dating back to 2000 is just an electrically defective mold spore spewing piece of sh-t. You want to buy it?

#15 ·
Oh come on, like Chinese folks use turn signals!

LOL

#18 ·
Aahhhhgggg! A Liar Lawyered!

I Mean A Legal Beagled, Er A

Lawyer Lied! What Is This World Coming To!

:mob: Get a rope!

This whole idea of a lawyer lying just makes me sick. :vomit:

#19 ·
People get lemon cars bought back ALL the time, and by every manufacturer out there. It's aggravating as hell to have it be your car, but usually after either complaints through the dealer and upward, or even leading to arbitration such as in this case, the most likely resolution is them offering to buy the car back from you for what you paid minus some for mileage.

The Deville is not at all a bad car or unsafe--far from it--so don't go making sweeping generalizations about all of them, or all Cadillacs, being junk. Every manufacturer has a few bad ones pop out every year, and as bad as it is, you just happened to get one of them unintentionally.

If it's really as bad as you say it is, with the multiple trips for repairs and random safety-risking issues, they should be well aware of it and you should just be able to state your case in arbitration and see what they come up with. Lawyers often get involved, and it isn't really so much as "going up against an impossible giant", but moreso just threatening them enough that they give in a bit easier and buy it back--but people also do it all the time on their own, without even mention of a lawyer.

Best of luck with it. Having to drive to get to the arbitration may be aggravating too--and maybe even worry you having to do it in that car--but as long as everything is documented and well known, it's worth the effort to go. Otherwise, you're crap out of luck if you can't get them to agree to anything else.

Also check with the BBB--a lot of times they have people who will help you with lemon law cases, and assist with the arbitration.

#23 ·
That made no sense....

#1, the Drive to Delaware is ridiculous, lemon laws are state laws, and would be handled in state.....

#2, the phone book is full of Attorneys who specialize in lemon Law cases... the idea that "no lawyer would touch it" and "go against the giant" is ridiculous.... people win lemon law cases every day.... two minutes after you file the suit, someone from GM will be on the phone, talking settlement....

#27 ·
Just got back from New Jersey, some real interesting folks on this board and for those with positive thoughts, I thank you. Having all the repairs docs was the key. I would like to clarify my original statement about Cadillacs as I have owned a 1959 Coupe Deville and a 1798 Coupe Deville; excellent cars. This last one, the 2005 DHS was a real electrical mess. At the Lemon Law hearing I submitted my docs and the judge and both lawyers went behind closed doors and came out 15 minutes later and told me GM would re-purchase the car. I signed off on it. Asked the judge if I could have my 2,200 mile journey reimbursed and he said, No! This has been a not so nice Cadillac experience and I will just keep my memories of my other Cadillacs. Will say that the drivetrain seemed high quality and the suspension on the DHS to me is better then the DTS. Just my opinion.

#30 ·
Just got back from New Jersey, some real interesting folks on this board and for those with positive thoughts, I thank you. Having all the repairs docs was the key. I would like to clarify my original statement about Cadillacs as I have owned a 1959 Coupe Deville and a 1798 Coupe Deville; excellent cars. This last one, the 2005 DHS was a real electrical mess. At the Lemon Law hearing I submitted my docs and the judge and both lawyers went behind closed doors and came out 15 minutes later and told me GM would re-purchase the car. I signed off on it. Asked the judge if I could have my 2,200 mile journey reimbursed and he said, No! This has been a not so nice Cadillac experience and I will just keep my memories of my other Cadillacs. Will say that the drivetrain seemed high quality and the suspension on the DHS to me is better then the DTS. Just my opinion.

Did that 1798 Coupe DeVille come over on the Mayflower? LOL

Glad to hear GM bought your car back, sounds like that car was a real POS.

Did you ask for costs before or after the award? I could see the judge saying NO afterward, but not before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.