GM Cadillac attorney lies to win lemon law case - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Cadillac Reviews Discussion, GM Cadillac attorney lies to win lemon law case in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; ill buy it i can offer you 2k and by all means im serious or if your willing id love ...
    CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Re: GM Cadillac attorney lies to win lemon law case

ill buy it
    i can offer you 2k
    and by all means im serious
    or if your willing id love to buy the navi radio from you..

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

^^ ETC...pm the guy but leave an e-mail in the pm so he can respond back to you. He is still too new to pm you back.

When I get pms I get a notification and the actual message in my regular e-mail, maybe he will too.

Koooop is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor

Aahhhhgggg! A Liar Lawyered!

I Mean A Legal Beagled, Er A

Lawyer Lied! What Is This World Coming To!

Get a rope!

This whole idea of a lawyer lying just makes me sick.

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

People get lemon cars bought back ALL the time, and by every manufacturer out there. It's aggravating as hell to have it be your car, but usually after either complaints through the dealer and upward, or even leading to arbitration such as in this case, the most likely resolution is them offering to buy the car back from you for what you paid minus some for mileage.

The Deville is not at all a bad car or unsafe--far from it--so don't go making sweeping generalizations about all of them, or all Cadillacs, being junk. Every manufacturer has a few bad ones pop out every year, and as bad as it is, you just happened to get one of them unintentionally.

If it's really as bad as you say it is, with the multiple trips for repairs and random safety-risking issues, they should be well aware of it and you should just be able to state your case in arbitration and see what they come up with. Lawyers often get involved, and it isn't really so much as "going up against an impossible giant", but moreso just threatening them enough that they give in a bit easier and buy it back--but people also do it all the time on their own, without even mention of a lawyer.

Best of luck with it. Having to drive to get to the arbitration may be aggravating too--and maybe even worry you having to do it in that car--but as long as everything is documented and well known, it's worth the effort to go. Otherwise, you're crap out of luck if you can't get them to agree to anything else.

Also check with the BBB--a lot of times they have people who will help you with lemon law cases, and assist with the arbitration.

wonder where this guy is...

Maybe he got his new car?

Murphyg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 STS

Ya,
    Would like to know how it turned out for him.
    Hopefully in his favor.

Just noticed too, a link on this page for lawers to help with lemon law suits lol

Patrick7997 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2001 ESC, 2004 Escalade, 2007 HD Road King Classic

That made no sense....

#1, the Drive to Delaware is ridiculous, lemon laws are state laws, and would be handled in state.....

#2, the phone book is full of Attorneys who specialize in lemon Law cases... the idea that "no lawyer would touch it" and "go against the giant" is ridiculous.... people win lemon law cases every day.... two minutes after you file the suit, someone from GM will be on the phone, talking settlement....

^^ Didn't think about the the in-state thing...

guy hasnt been back
    im thinkin fake too...

^^ Yeah...I just thought he was busy or didn't care what we thought. I dunno.

lovenguth is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Just got back from New Jersey, some real interesting folks on this board and for those with positive thoughts, I thank you. Having all the repairs docs was the key. I would like to clarify my original statement about Cadillacs as I have owned a 1959 Coupe Deville and a 1798 Coupe Deville; excellent cars. This last one, the 2005 DHS was a real electrical mess. At the Lemon Law hearing I submitted my docs and the judge and both lawyers went behind closed doors and came out 15 minutes later and told me GM would re-purchase the car. I signed off on it. Asked the judge if I could have my 2,200 mile journey reimbursed and he said, No! This has been a not so nice Cadillac experience and I will just keep my memories of my other Cadillacs. Will say that the drivetrain seemed high quality and the suspension on the DHS to me is better then the DTS. Just my opinion.

i seriously doubt it
    but who bought it back
    im curious about buying it from them...

mtflight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1999 White Diamond ETC

To lovenguth:

I'm sure you had a bad experience, and sorry, that's too bad. Obviously you had a lemon-law case and things proceeded as they were supposed to.

However, your blanket statement is heavily biased toward your experience, albeit a bad experience. That does not mean that all the Cadillacs are bad, and unsafe. You'd need to increase the sample size.

The A/C is not a bad system either. The afterblow featured (not enabled by default) is designed as you mention to turn on when the temperature is higher than 80 degrees in order to prevent bacterial or fungal growth from water condensation.

Likely your car had a defect with weather seals, which caused a domino-like effect on the electronics. Moisture was likely breaching the seals (some of which may have been accidentally omitted during assembly) and getting in the places it should not have. This is obviously a defect, covered under the lemon-law because they could not find the source properly.

This could've happened with any car manufacturer, that's why the law is not brand-specific.

Letting people in China know they're buying a defective and dangerous car? that's only a problem with the one you had, not all of them obviously. Your sample size consisted of 1 car. So that would've been an erroneous argument.

The trial consisted of your car, and it's history. You did well to document the problems, all of which were evidence key in winning the case.

The part I disagree with was your blanket statement about letting the people (not limited to those in the People's Republic of China) know what a bad product Cadillac is.

We love Cadillac in this forum, and most of us have not had such experience as yours so it is not shared. I'm glad that the law worked in the end.

Koooop is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor

Quote Originally Posted by lovenguth View Post
    Just got back from New Jersey, some real interesting folks on this board and for those with positive thoughts, I thank you. Having all the repairs docs was the key. I would like to clarify my original statement about Cadillacs as I have owned a 1959 Coupe Deville and a 1798 Coupe Deville; excellent cars. This last one, the 2005 DHS was a real electrical mess. At the Lemon Law hearing I submitted my docs and the judge and both lawyers went behind closed doors and came out 15 minutes later and told me GM would re-purchase the car. I signed off on it. Asked the judge if I could have my 2,200 mile journey reimbursed and he said, No! This has been a not so nice Cadillac experience and I will just keep my memories of my other Cadillacs. Will say that the drivetrain seemed high quality and the suspension on the DHS to me is better then the DTS. Just my opinion.

Did that 1798 Coupe DeVille come over on the Mayflower? LOL

Glad to hear GM bought your car back, sounds like that car was a real POS.

Did you ask for costs before or after the award? I could see the judge saying NO afterward, but not before.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.