1994 Fleetwood brougham.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Reviews Discussion, 1994 Fleetwood brougham. in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; 126000 miles, full service history, 3rd owner. paid 3000 dollars The ride is smooth but, the chassy is soft and ...
    Hammondsix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Fleetwood 94

1994 Fleetwood brougham.

126000 miles, full service history, 3rd owner. paid 3000 dollars

The ride is smooth but, the chassy is soft and road bumps are pretty noticable. Power is more than adequate. Interior is holding up well but the materials used are hardly exotic. Its not a cheap car to run unless you do your work yourself (and even so there are less service hungry cars out there). In the service history i can see that numerous oil leaks have been repaired at the dealer, 1 waterpump 2 distributors and some other things were fixed tottaling 2500,- and 1900,- at the dealer. MPG is 20.4 mixed, topspeed 108mph. I spent an entire weekend servicing the car basically going through the entire thing and R/R what i found needing attention. here is what i did...

radiator
    all hoses
    waterpump
    t-stat
    plugs
    wires
    all filters
    tranny fluid (complete drain)
    u-joints
    diff fluid (amsoil)
    E-oil (M1 10w30)
    pcv
    egr
    battery
    fixed A/C drain leak

All this was expensive and time consuming (imagine what a shop would have charged) but is normal for a car that age. I still have a few gremlins to sort out but all in all a fun car to be around. I beleive this car is best suited for people that find enjoyment in doing their own work.

All in all i love this car. I cant really explain why, its an emotional thing i guess.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Re: 1994 Fleetwood brougham.

Love that color! Carmine red/ tan I assume.

90Brougham350 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 94 FWB, 93 SDV, 94 FWB (sold), 90 Brougham (sold)

Very nice! Is the rear-end sitting a little low?

dp102288 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

about the rear end...

But man its a beautiful car. For $3,000 its a steal!

Hammondsix is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Fleetwood 94

Thank you so much for the kind words. The interior is plum.

i dont think the rear end is low, i think the picture is weird, ill take some more and you guys can tell me what you think...

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Just noticed this review, and you sound EXACTLY like me.

I don't think it's perfect--far from it--and isn't as good as it should be in some levels (body/frame integrity and overall refinement), but I have more of an emotional fixation to these cars than just about anything else.

And as far as repairs, compared to most other vehicles, these are pretty basic, so I don't think things are that expensive--just typical, and usually not frequent if they're maintained. I'm nearing the one year anniversary with my '95, and it still needs a few small things worked out, but all relatively minor. Same with our '93 that we've had for 3.5 years.

96Fleetwood is offline Auto Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2002 Eldorado Collectors Series and 1994 Fleetwood

Nice review!

I love being able to travel long distances without any worry. I carry a toolbox in the trunk just in case.. and the nice thing is if anything does break, parts are cheap and I can fix it myself with my FSM!
    1994 Cadillac Fleetwood- the sleeper project
    2002 Pontiac Trans Am Collectors Edition WS6 Conv't- the show car
    2002 Cadillac Eldorado Collectors Series # 1572
    2006 Mini Cooper S BRG 6spd- the autox gokart
    2014 Range Rover Sport V8 Supercharged- wife's daily driver
    2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Hemi Crew 4x4- daily driver/tow vehicle

bigbluebrougham is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

AGREED! All of the above is how I feel, though still a novice at owning one; owned my 95 Dark Adriatic Blue FWB since 11-01-06. I am agreeing with all comments. Easy to work on and a little expensive, not bad, but certainly cheaper and easier to work on compared to say, a Northstar car. My friend is a mechanic and has said that the Northstar vehicles require a lot of specialty tools to work on, whereas an LT1 is basically a standard 350 smallblock...with some nice refinements (I like the reverse flow cooling for the higher compression ratios) of course! I could go on and on about the car, but in the end it is the passion for the car.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Simple and reliable!

BCs71 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham (some show and some go!)

I agree on most counts in the initial post. The FWB is a great car in stock form and has many good things going for it. But I think that period in the GM world it was not given proper attention to detail like it deserved considering it was a $40K domestic car. The main issues for me lie in the interior lacking much. The main demographic was elderly people, so the gauge panel was beyond simple. Blech. I like info. This alone tells me the car was not intended for people who do their own work, but instead for elderly folks who take theirs to the dealer often.

The interior is ok, but not spectacular like you would expect (I agree on this point). Seats are semi-comfortable, the lumbar really helps here otherwise I would have ditched my stock seats for something else long ago. The leather is fairly durable, but my driver's seat cushion is pretty compressed and lacking. Back seat gets kudos from me, however.
    SOme minor squeaks in the cabin (doesn't bug me much) but a tad too much plasticity for me considering the big price tag when new.

The heat in the wintertime is annoying since it can't be directed out out the dash vents. AC in the summer can only come out of the dash vents. This gets old quick.

I have the FE1 suspension and it is pretty sloppy for my tastes (although I like performance above all else, so take that with a grain of salt). Leans too much in corners and knowing how wacky and weak the rear suspension is, it is undersized and underqualified to handle a big 4500lb car. But then again, gotta consider the demographics. Most elderly don't throw the car hard into corners while accelerating.

Luckily for me there are great aftermarket parts for the car. It is long, mean, and great looking from the factory with a wonderful drivetrain to make a good solid base. Performance parts allow the owner to tailor the car to their tastes.

The interior is the only part of a FWB that is hard to rectify.

Steeltag is offline Cadillac Owners Member

BCs71,

Thanks for this info, it helps me in my search for another Caddy. I appreciated your forthright thoughts!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.